have i made a mistake? i ditched n1 for htc evo...

This is a discussion on have i made a mistake? i ditched n1 for htc evo... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ezeddiekun If you have to money to afford it. It is definity worth it. It all comes down to if Sprint has ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: have i made a mistake? i ditched n1 for htc evo...

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    If you have to money to afford it. It is definity worth it. It all comes down to if Sprint has coverage in your area. If it doesn't have 4g in your area than it isn't really worth it. Paying $10 extra for something you won't use? Thats $240 in 2 years.
    Agree with everything you said. If you can't get great 4G and/or can't afford it, it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by android8282 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    It's a half step back
    i guess but i expect all of this bashing because i did have the n1 and know how it is to defend it. but ask yourself,,,is it really a step back, and if youre contract was up and u had the money to get it ,,,wouldnt you?..i know theres a small part inside u that wants to try it out,,,as someone on a forum and website said...its the nexus one and incredible on androbolic steroids...lmao. we shall see.
    Actually, the correct question to ask yourself is "how do I feel about it?"

Make a list of things you really like in a phone, then make another list comparing features in which your new Evo shines, and positive aspects of the N1. Do you like frequent software updates? Is battery important to you? 4G speed? Camera type? Looks? Hype? Etc...

Once you know what you truly like in a phone, you know you did (or did not) make a mistake The biggest mistake really is trying to get other people to make your decisions for you, especially in a forum where everybody is partial to a certain phone :D
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    The biggest mistake really is trying to get other people to make your decisions for you, especially in a forum where everybody is partial to a certain phone :D
    When I first got my N1 and didn't ask those who had the knowledge already which contract I should go with. So I ended up making a huge mistake and signed a $40/mo data only 2 yr contract when I could have just gotten the Even More Plus non-contract plan for $50/mo with voice minutes.

I always run my thought process by a few forums before making a decision...

Traitor! Off with your head! ;-) I'm not sure there's such a thing as a bad choice when it comes to the 2010 smartphones. A co-worker of mine got the SE Xperia x10 today (very nice phone) because he wanted the 8 megapixel camera. It's all about what you prefer.

Yes, and I fully agree with that, but point is he already bought the phone and then wants to know from "us" if he made a mistake... and I don't want him to feel bad because "we" are most likely to give a big, fat YES to that question :D

EDIT: I found this review http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/htc-...e-to-beat/7049 which I think might be rather unbiassed... enjoy I'm sure there are hundreds of reviews
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Yes, and I fully agree with that, but point is he already bought the phone and then wants to know from "us" if he made a mistake... and I don't want him to feel bad because "we" are most likely to give a big, fat YES to that question :D

EDIT: I found this review HTC Evo 4G is the Android phone to beat | ZDNet which I think might be rather unbiassed... enjoy I'm sure there are hundreds of reviews
    well i feel much better, now, after all of this verbal beating, but im glad to see that theres a few that agree that wasnt a horibble mistake, like i said, i wanted a better cam, 720p out put hdmi as well ...and the oh wonderfull front facing cam..sense can easly be switched on and off and i definatly dont see it as a step back ..theres nothing that im giving up accept for faster ota updates, but that is solved with a quick rot and manual push.... but i do thank you all for your response and do appreciate this community and forum..and the n1 is still my baby...almost like my first love,,,lmao...but as always you move on to bigger and in this case slightly better things.

Like I said earlier...th PHONE is nice...very nice. Sprint sucks...and you will find that out soon enough...they are nickel-dimers, and unforgiving. TMO allows free tether (even when 3.5G arrives this year), whereas Sprint wants $30/mo more to tether, and you already know about the $10 premium for 4G...so just right there, TMO beats Sprint by $40/mo to include those services. But yeah..I'd entertain that phone, fersure.

Will be good to hear what your review is
    I just went the other way (sprint to att for the N1)
    att is 10 more for me and I dont have to spend another 5 for QUIK
    Hopefully I did the right thing
    So far Im happy

I wouldn't, but that's because Sprint doesn't have service where I live (Mendocino County, Northwestern California), they roam on U.S. Cellular and Verizon here.
    That said, even if they did have service I probably wouldn't because of the fact it's Sprint

Why were you paying TMo so much?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links