WARNING if you're using WAVESECURE!!!

This is a discussion on WARNING if you're using WAVESECURE!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, Too all who is or are about to use WAVESECURE be warn if the apps lock you out you'll be with out a phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING if you're using WAVESECURE!!!

Thumbs up WARNING if you're using WAVESECURE!!!

Hi,

Too all who is or are about to use WAVESECURE be warn if the apps lock you out you'll be with out a phone till the end of days... until they decided to help you.

I was using my NEXUS 1 and check out trail apps to see if i like this app or not the product is not bad but when you tried to un-install the app they lock you out, (and if you forgotten the password like i did..DOH! them maybe GOD have mercy on your phone.)

So far it's 1 week and yet WAVESECURE hasn't got back to me yet.. worst of all to even find a WAVESECURE EMAIL address from their website is impossible!!!!

Thanks to a person who sent me a link that has WAVESECURE email address i managed to email them ... but the reply was that i have to wait 3 days or so before someone can solve this issues.... well someone did email me back 3 days later asking for my IMEI and phone no. i ask for an explanation why so late etc... and no reply back... it's now 7 days....without a reply...

so to all ANDRIOD/WINDOWS/APPLE..etc user BE-WARE!!!

i don't want anyone to go through what i've experience with WAVESECURE!!!

PEACE OUT!!

Sam

p.s
    if anyone who can tell me how to get this stupid app off that would be AWSOME!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Look at it from WaveSecure's point of view. You say you forgot the password - but this is pretty much what a thief might say. I'm sure this is inconvenient for you, but for me, as a WaveSecure customer, it is reassuring.

WaveSecure prompts for a password when you change a SIM, and I have changed mine 3 times. Every time it started to scream, but it only took a few seconds to enter my password to stop the noise. It is important to choose a password you won't forget.

I totally understand from this view, but i can't understand is the customer service is so rubbish that so far it's taken 7 days+ and still no respond from them whatsoever.!

i have been very patient with them 7 days with out my phone is a big thing not a massive one but pretty big, yet the only respond i got was we'll be in touch.. and it's been 7 days now!!

Re: WARNING if you're using WAVESECURE!!!

It is an anti theft program and it is Doing exactly what it is meant to do, the introduction of the uninstall program that stops thief's from getting rid of it is a new feature and teathing problems are to be seen but first and foremost it is protecting your phone by treating you as a thief for getting rid of the security, if you hadn't forgotten the password you would be ok, if you lost you keys you wouldn't blame the lock? I for one am glad this has happened as it makes me feel even more safe.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I agree. I love Wavesecure. Still, it would piss me off to no end to have no way to contact support to do a reset. Customer service shouldn't be an afterthought, indeed WS IS a customer service! Proof of identity is easy, email them a copy of your phone bill, has your name and phone number on it, WS resets the account...should be as fluid as water, not honey.

I have another thread on this topic - they locked my phone through a bug in their system. I did nothing to trigger it. Phone wasn't stolen, I remembered the password. It was a real pain.

When I had my issue I found that there were others with the same type of problems, some had posted on their facebook page.

Your points make sense. If you have software that locks your phone you ought to be responsive when people have issues. In this case forgetting your password should not result in your phone becoming a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I agree. I love Wavesecure. Still, it would piss me off to no end to have no way to contact support to do a reset. Customer service shouldn't be an afterthought, indeed WS IS a customer service! Proof of identity is easy, email them a copy of your phone bill, has your name and phone number on it, WS resets the account...should be as fluid as water, not honey.

This is why the feedback comments work in the market...I DO scan the comments list before adding an app, so I know what to expect. Comments about poor customer service will make WS beef up their response, and responsibility, to their clientele. If they don't, there are competitors.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the OP, he decided to take advantage of the free trial to see what the app was like ("I was using my NEXUS 1 and check out trail apps to see if i like this app or not..."), and then attempted to uninstall it at the end of the trial because he didn't want to pay for it (maybe decided it wasn't to his liking, decided it cost too much, or whatever). It's not surprising at all to me that the support wouldn't be fast for a non-paying customer. I would assume/hope that paying customers are put ahead of and receive better/faster support than non-paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by scots View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding the OP, he decided to take advantage of the free trial to see what the app was like ("I was using my NEXUS 1 and check out trail apps to see if i like this app or not..."), and then attempted to uninstall it at the end of the trial because he didn't want to pay for it (maybe decided it wasn't to his liking, decided it cost too much, or whatever). It's not surprising at all to me that the support wouldn't be fast for a non-paying customer. I would assume/hope that paying customers are put ahead of and receive better/faster support than non-paying customers.
    You don't want upset customers OR non-customers...upset trial customers can, and do kill off potential clients with their reviews. Treat everyone the same, and have the infrastructure to support that goal.
    edit: If your product or service disrupts the usage of your customer/trial customer's product, the onus is on the service to restore the user to the pre-install state. It is unethical to do otherwise.

Hi sammoszeto,
    I have to apologize for not following this case closely. I thought our support team has resolved the issue after highlighting the case to them. I've sent you a private message with details to resolve this.

Let me know if it still doesn't work for you. Once again, sorry for the convenience caused.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    https://www.wavesecure.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links