My 2nd Nexus---why I came back

This is a discussion on My 2nd Nexus---why I came back within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well, I just received a used N1 bought through ebay. I returned my 1st one to Google back in Feb and in the last 4 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2nd Nexus---why I came back

My 2nd Nexus---why I came back

Well, I just received a used N1 bought through ebay.

I returned my 1st one to Google back in Feb and in the last 4 months, have tried 2 phones, the BB 9700 Bold and most recently, Motorola Cliq XT. As a pure email device, the BB was terrific but unfortunately it falls flat on media/web areas since I was trying to have 1 device for mail/web/media, BB was 1 out of 3.

Since I don't want to be on ATT, running an unlocked iPhone 3GS on Tmo Edge loses 3g that I needed at home for better reception. So I turned back to Android despite the Cliq XT runs an older version, I found installing the HTC keyboard removed most of my original complaints about the stock keyboard(and the Better Keyboard). Also my other email frustration about MobileMe/Android folder management was gone as I got on a personal exchange setup and transitioned my main email from MobileMe over to exchange, as the stock Android email app handled exchange folders better than MobileMe.

For media, Tune Sync and Double Twist made iTunes integration feasible and web surfing is never was a problem on Android.

So the Cliq XT, supported my needs for mail/web/media on 1 device, except, running an older version of Android and although upgrade to 2.1 has been announced by Moto, will never be as current as a native device like N1 for O/S upgrades. The other reason, it's an ugly phone.

And with the latest reads about 2.2, I plunged in and now back with the Nexus One. I'm sure all the original bugs are still there such as 3g consistency, touch screen calibration etc. But at least I have a sleek looking device now that I can use for mail/web/media, on a network that I like (Tmo) and had been impressed by their customer service standards.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi!

I'm not from America and don't know much about the networks there.

But from the phones you mentioned, the Nexus is definitely a better choice =)

The nexus is getting better and better!

I too am on my second Nexus One having sold my first on Ebay a few weeks ago - the whole exercise of selling and buying another cost me almost 100 but no regrets for switching back and I am awaiting Froyo with baited breath.

I do not need any media bollocks and use my phone solely as a business device for email, Nav and spend 2 - 3 hours per day using the device as a phone! I recently migrated my business email to google apps and android does (unsurprisingly!) integrate very well.

Hopefully Froyo will iron out the few remaining niggles that I have and then if I can get the femtocell unit running properly in our office to make and receive 3G calls (I am in a poor reception area) then I will be happy!

Welcome back guys...I thought about trying one of the new phones (because of 3g issues), but the newer, "better" phones are not designed as sleek as the N1, and now because of this forum I am into rooting...the newer phones doesnt seem like they embrace that although, I know it has been done. So I am sticking with my Froyo sprinkled with Cyanogen root.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

I thought I was the only one. I'm on my 3rd

I'm back too! My new Nexus has no issues at all. Battery life is outstanding and I have no screen freak outs-ever.

I can't wait for 2.2.

Just cause it was mentioned in the OP:

So the Iphone 3g does not have a 3g network when used on T-mobile. Does anyone think the next iphone (iphone 4g/hd) will?

I'm on my second one as well. I have AT&T, and bought the first unlocked N1, then sold it and went back to my iPhone cause of EDGE on AT&T then traded a phone for a week old N1 AT&T version!

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post

So the Iphone 3g does not have a 3g network when used on T-mobile. Does anyone think the next iphone (iphone 4g/hd) will?
    AT&T and TMO use different frequencies for their 3g, which would require a different radio. To put it simply, no.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post

AT&T and TMO use different frequencies for their 3g, which would require a different radio. To put it simply, no.
    850MHz for AT&T
    900MHz for T-Mobile

Correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links