Ordering One Discounted

This is a discussion on Ordering One Discounted within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am trying to order a Nexus One for a friend who is a new customer but whenever I do, we get to the end ...

Thread: Ordering One Discounted

Ordering One Discounted

I am trying to order a Nexus One for a friend who is a new customer but whenever I do, we get to the end and the price is $520 (whatever the full price is)

I remember when we tested prices the other day, we ONE TIME ONLY got to the screen where they validated his pricing, credit, ? whatever they do

but it seems I am unable to find it or get to that pricing.

Can anyone navigate me to where I wanna be.

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you're trying to get a subsidized TMobile Nexus, you'll need to select that model from the list of handsets. It's the first on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    If you're trying to get a subsidized TMobile Nexus, you'll need to select that model from the list of handsets. It's the first on the list.

Thanks Wera..you have helped me before..thanks

I loved it so much, am getting for a friend

I hit GET ONE, click the top on on the list, then check "with Tmobile", then it takes me to Engrave, I hit "skip", then it takes me to sign in with his new Gmail account, I do, we order, and the price is $5XX.00

Weird. I can't even get to, like I said, where it verifies to see if he is eligible for that pricing like I did a few days ago.

Eric

Ahh..I see. Well, I'm on AT&T, so I can't help there. Might take a call to either Google or TMo to figure that one out. I do recall that there were issues with that type of purchase back at release, though.

Thanks Wera..again

You, as always, are very helpful AND knowledgable. So where are you located?? You have a N1 on ATT. It must be new, right. Cause the previous ones would not have been 3g on their network, right?

In your opinion, (off topic) as far as being able to customize, make apps by everyone, better camera, more fun, this is a better phone than the iPhone, right?

Now will it be better than the new IPhone (4G right) ?? I was told it still will be. First, on Tmo the new shot in the arm will make 3g as fast or faster than 4g. Second, the updates are still received much faster than any phone being a Google phone. The Iphone will be 5 mp, but I hear that this camera is better than any 5mp pixel for pixel and even rivals the Evo and Incredible. Correct? Correct that pixels don't matter until you blow them up? The iPhone 4G will have the Nexus as far as having High Res Video and 2 cameras

Did I ask? they say the purchases are gonna be in the store, if they already haven't moved that way

For Tmo, are they gonna be in Tmo stores? When I get my return money back in a few days, will I be buying it onine or in a store?

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    Thanks Wera..again

You, as always, are very helpful AND knowledgable. So where are you located?? You have a N1 on ATT. It must be new, right. Cause the previous ones would not have been 3g on their network, right?

In your opinion, (off topic) as far as being able to customize, make apps by everyone, better camera, more fun, this is a better phone than the iPhone, right?

Now will it be better than the new IPhone (4G right) ?? I was told it still will be. First, on Tmo the new shot in the arm will make 3g as fast or faster than 4g. Second, the updates are still received much faster than any phone being a Google phone. The Iphone will be 5 mp, but I hear that this camera is better than any 5mp pixel for pixel and even rivals the Evo and Incredible. Correct? Correct that pixels don't matter until you blow them up? The iPhone 4G will have the Nexus as far as having High Res Video and 2 cameras

Did I ask? they say the purchases are gonna be in the store, if they already haven't moved that way

For Tmo, are they gonna be in Tmo stores? When I get my return money back in a few days, will I be buying it onine or in a store?

Thanks, eric.

I've had the N1 since March...you're right, if I'd gotten it earlier, I wouldn't have 3G speed. I was thrilled when the AT&T version showed up!

As to your question about the iPhone...well, I sold my 3Gs to pay for the Nexus One; so, yeah, I think the Nexus is a much more capable platform than the iPhone. The Nexus can easily be MY phone; the iPhone will always be Steve's phone .

Which addresses your question about the 4G; it will still not be customizable, and it will still be subject to the draconian app approval process that Apple imposes on it. I don't see that ever changing, either.

Camera? You're right that megapixels are most important for enlargements. I haven't personally seen any pics from an Incredible yet, but the 'tests' that have been linked here show the N1's camera to be very capable. As always, if you need DSLR quality, you need a DSLR...this is a cellphone first and foremost, a computer second, and a camera third (in my opinion).

The sales through stores model is still being worked out, so there really aren't any answers for that yet. Google has said that it will happen, but the details of where and when are far from clear so far. You'll know when we know.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links