Has anyone on ATT gotten the OTA update yet?

This is a discussion on Has anyone on ATT gotten the OTA update yet? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer Maybe they want to release it the same day as the iphone just to steal a few headlines.... That would be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Has anyone on ATT gotten the OTA update yet?

  1. #11
    Junior Member TheScavenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Maybe they want to release it the same day as the iphone just to steal a few headlines....

    That would be hilarious!

  2. #12
    Member jakkzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Maybe the att version of froyo won't have the tethering option. And if it does they will switch you to the 2gb limited data plan. Sneaky bastards....
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

    ---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

  3. #13
    Junior Member Shocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    Maybe the att version of froyo won't have the tethering option. And if it does they will switch you to the 2gb limited data plan. Sneaky bastards....
    I doubt that simply because the N1 is unlocked to all carriers and the os updates are from google not from ATT. For example the ATT version in the states is the same as Rogers in Canada, and rogers allows tethering at no extra cost. For plans >1GB that is.

  4. #14
    Senior Member fiercefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    Maybe the att version of froyo won't have the tethering option. And if it does they will switch you to the 2gb limited data plan. Sneaky bastards....

    AT&T has zero control over the Nexus One. It's just a simple fact the N1 transmits over the same frequencies AT&T and most of the world use. So if it's missing from our phones I HIGHLY doubt it was just AT&T.

    However, Google may have the ability locked by default on all N1s, which in turn requires you to go to your carrier for activation, but something like that is easily cracked imo.

  5. #15
    Junior Member wxl14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Maybe they want to release it the same day as the iphone just to steal a few headlines and make Steve Jobs fart.
    This will not happen because the it would kill the bandwidth would be killed imagine all the new Iphone geeks and google OTA update people would be crashing all day. It will probobly either happen very limited through the night or few releases OTA then throught internet downloads not to kill the OTA bandwidth specially on AT&T

  6. #16
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    This mythology about bandwidth for OTA needs to be put to bed.

    Let's say there are 100,000 N1's on AT&T (it's probably considerably less than that). And let's say that the download is 50MB.

    So even if the entire COUNTRY downloaded ONLY over AT&T's cellular network that would be 5GB of data spread out across the ENTIRE US.

    Now, if many of us use Wifi (which many would probably do), then it's far less than that.

    So please, everyone, calm down.

  7. #17
    Senior Member ardynine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    AT&T has zero control over the Nexus One. It's just a simple fact the N1 transmits over the same frequencies AT&T and most of the world use. So if it's missing from our phones I HIGHLY doubt it was just AT&T.

    However, Google may have the ability locked by default on all N1s, which in turn requires you to go to your carrier for activation, but something like that is easily cracked imo.
    Then how come some apps like pdanet and other tethering apps don't show up on my app market? I think AT&T still has some control.

  8. #18
    Senior Member fiercefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    AT&T has zero control over the Nexus One. It's just a simple fact the N1 transmits over the same frequencies AT&T and most of the world use. So if it's missing from our phones I HIGHLY doubt it was just AT&T.

    However, Google may have the ability locked by default on all N1s, which in turn requires you to go to your carrier for activation, but something like that is easily cracked imo.
    Then how come some apps like pdanet and other tethering apps don't show up on my app market? I think AT&T still has some control.
    I don't think tethering of any type is supported by Google yet (until 2.2). This may be why they blocked they app. All the ways of wired tether I have seen requires root.

  9. #19
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    I don't think tethering of any type is supported by Google yet (until 2.2). This may be why they blocked they app. All the ways of wired tether I have seen requires root.
    PDANet does not require root. It does require enabling some "development" stuff in the phone (to access some features through USB).

  10. #20
    Junior Member wxl14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    This mythology about bandwidth for OTA needs to be put to bed.

    Let's say there are 100,000 N1's on AT&T (it's probably considerably less than that). And let's say that the download is 50MB.

    So even if the entire COUNTRY downloaded ONLY over AT&T's cellular network that would be 5GB of data spread out across the ENTIRE US.

    Now, if many of us use Wifi (which many would probably do), then it's far less than that.

    So please, everyone, calm down.
    I was not exactly saying that the OTA would kill the bandwidth and im not sure where you are from but here in the Tristate area of NY it would definitly not be wise to release froyo OTA when Iphone4 is sold as we already experiance tremendous network slow downs throughout the day with out 100,000 new 3g uses playing and downloading stuff through the 3g network

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum