AT&T Data Calculator

This is a discussion on AT&T Data Calculator within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So, how much will you be going over the cap by ^.^ (hypothetically)? Fun for the whole family! Fun notes, just 35 minutes of streaming ...

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AT&T Data Calculator

  1. #1
    Senior Member fiercefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    169

    AT&T Data Calculator

    So, how much will you be going over the cap by ^.^ (hypothetically)? Fun for the whole family!

    Fun notes, just 35 minutes of streaming video a day will take you over the cap, which once Froyo hits is nearly guaranteed for me.

    My estimated data usage is 6.6 gigs, though it should probably be more since they put a 50 minute/day cap on their video bar.

    This would cost me $75/mo.

    Here's the link. How much would your overage be? ^^

    http://www.att.com/standalone/data-c...tor/index.html

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Junior Member adfdf343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14
    Well you can look at your previous data usage and see how much you've used. What are they?

    Also you do realize it's for Cell Data usage right? You stream 35minutes of video when you're out an about on cell network?
    If you don't have wifi at home, that would be the first thing you should buy.

  4. #3
    Senior Member fiercefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by nxtiak View Post
    Well you can look at your previous data usage and see how much you've used. What are they?

    Also you do realize it's for Cell Data usage right? You stream 35minutes of video when you're out an about on cell network?
    If you don't have wifi at home, that would be the first thing you should buy.
    I'm on the road 1/3 of the year (a little closer to 1/2 this last year ><). The Hotels I stay at charge anywhere from $8-$12 per day for wifi. So yes, I will be using cell data a lot. And I personally can't go off my previous data usage because I just got my phone last month. Before that I had a feature phone.

  5. #4
    Member Evil Claw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nxtiak View Post
    Well you can look at your previous data usage and see how much you've used. What are they?

    Also you do realize it's for Cell Data usage right? You stream 35minutes of video when you're out an about on cell network?
    If you don't have wifi at home, that would be the first thing you should buy.
    I'm on the road 1/3 of the year (a little closer to 1/2 this last year ><). The Hotels I stay at charge anywhere from $8-$12 per day for wifi. So yes, I will be using cell data a lot. And I personally can't go off my previous data usage because I just got my phone last month. Before that I had a feature phone.
    If you just got your phone last month, you should have gotten the $30 unlimited data plan from AT&T, it was the obvious choice. The tiered data plan structure that AT&T has now didn't go into effect until June 6th. That means you could have walked into AT&T store June 5th and got a smartphone with the $30 unlimited data plan.

  6. #5
    Senior Member fiercefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    169
    Which is why i said hypothetical. Because we all know AT&T will force everyone to switch eventually. Meh, forget it. It was suppose to be a fun topic at how ridiculous the new restrictions are

  7. #6
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Which is why i said hypothetical. Because we all know AT&T will force everyone to switch eventually. Meh, forget it. It was suppose to be a fun topic at how ridiculous the new restrictions are
    Yeah, but..no, but..yeah, but....ATT is SAVING it's customers money, remember!?! :rofl3:

    I don't understand the logic at placing wholesale restrictions on everyone, when they turn around and claim only 2% of their users 'abuse' the data service by nearing/exceding the 5mb 'softcap'. It's really a ploy to discourage data use, and to further monetise those that do. It is ridiculous...deserving of ridicule.

  8. #7
    Member Evil Claw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Which is why i said hypothetical. Because we all know AT&T will force everyone to switch eventually. Meh, forget it. It was suppose to be a fun topic at how ridiculous the new restrictions are
    Oh, it sounded to me like you had tiered plan and wanted to know.....
    Anyway, AT&T can't force you to switch if your under contract, which I am. If you decide to change your plan, you can only get tiered, decide you wanna go back, nope too late. Guess I'll be on the unlimited train till they blow the whistle.
    As for the ridiculousness of the new restrictions, yeah I feel your pain, but I see their point in protecting the over use and degradation of the bandwidth from all of the devices coming online in the last month, eg: iPad and next up Iphone 4. If they didn't do anything then the whole thing would bog down and be as slow as molasses. AT&T had to put the restrictions on because of the number of users on their network, Verizon and Sprint don't have nearly as many users on their network which is why they can offer unlimited. Be warned, switching carriers, comes with those networks problems and eventually they will reach a cap and have to have a tiered plan as well.

    I think that calculator is whacked, if you just slide the streaming video bar up to 40 minutes and did nothing else you would be over the limit. BUT if you press the "Datapro 2gb" tab under the calculator then it says that you can do 40 minutes of streaming video, plus 8000 emails, 20 hours of streaming music, etc.. I don't know what to believe.

    My beef with AT&T is over the aircard pricing. I have an aircard for my 3 laptops and have the 5gb/$60 month data plan. Yet unlimited data/$30 month for smartphone or Ipad. Why can't I get a $30 unlimited (at the time) data plan for my aircard? I kept asking the question and they kept pushing off as well they are looking at different pricing plans and should have something by the time the ipad comes out. BAM! Didn't know they were going to discontinue the unlimited plan, so my argument is now for not.
    Oh, well. Hopefully they will right the wrong somewhere down the road for all of us.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

03/12/15http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html

,

am i over my date calculator at&t

,

att.com/datacalculator

,

data calculator att

,

nexus 4 data calculator

,

www att com datacalculator

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum