Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken?

This is a discussion on Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Heres another taken seconds ago for shiz and giggles... Froyo 2.2 (91) - Once again plenty of light, picture is slightly tinted and not that ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken?

Heres another taken seconds ago for shiz and giggles...

Froyo 2.2 (91) - Once again plenty of light, picture is slightly tinted and not that sharp.

2.1 Different location, same lighting conditions, much sharper and not tinted yellow.

Heres the last pic's...

I don't believe myself or Ivet are crazy or that everyone else is, but somethings going on.

Froyo 2.2 (91) Plenty of light but in the shadows, tinted yellow and blurred. UPDATE... Take the blurred off. It's just tinted.

2.1 The same freaking conditions, different location but sharper

Keep in mind that even the 2.1 shots as posted all have compression and they're still sharper. The 2.2 shots have the same compression and look even worse.

damn he has a point, wtf

Quote Originally Posted by ga_ View Post
    Heres the last pic's...

I don't believe myself or Ivet are crazy or that everyone else is, but somethings going on.

Froyo 2.2 (91) Plenty of light but in the shadows, tinted yellow and blurred. UPDATE... Take the blurred off. It's just tinted.

2.1 The same freaking conditions, different location but sharper

Keep in mind that even the 2.1 shots as posted all have compression and they're still sharper. The 2.2 shots have the same compression and look even worse.
    One thing I'm noticing is that your main subjects are dark (black car) or in shadows, so the camera is overexposing because of that. For a test try shooting a subject with the light on the subject and in back of you with minimal shadows.

Has anyone else's Gallery pictures gone completely out of order? Also my photos have gone into different folders and when I click on a picture a completely different one pops up. WTF?

Look @ Ivets second image again...

So you think that it's a total coincidence that all of my Froyo pics have the same tint AND that all three of the pics look exactly like Ivets Froyo image? None of the pictures were taken in shadows except the last two. FYI the car is not black either, it's green and thats how screwed the camera is now...

Quote Originally Posted by ga_ View Post
    FYI the car is not black either, it's green
    Brix shat.

I think this has something to do with the white balance...
    Apparently the 'auto' white balance in Froyo sucks.
    Manually setting it every time will yield you better results, which is something that I really don't want to do (lazy)
    Night shots are still screwed with lines and look 'web camish'

Nexus One "Auto" White Balance
    Yeah, they're both equally dark but the yellow hue is removed 'slightly' in the second shot.

Manual Settings

Nexus One "Auto" White Balance
    The second shot is a liiiiiittle bit more natural.

Manual Settings

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Has anyone else's Gallery pictures gone completely out of order? Also my photos have gone into different folders and when I click on a picture a completely different one pops up. WTF?
    Hasn't happened to me. Photos take slightly longer to load though. No incorrect locations though.

I have the same issue after froyo update, I got the same white balance issue and I can't get focus on the fotos, no meter the distance, no meter the subject, all photos are blurred, I have cleaned the lens, I did a factory reset, nothing worked.
    I'm crazy about it, I'm searching the solution for this problem, but I didn't get lucky.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links