Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken?

This is a discussion on Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by bossying I have the same issue after froyo update, I got the same white balance issue and I can't get focus on ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken?

Quote Originally Posted by bossying View Post
    I have the same issue after froyo update, I got the same white balance issue and I can't get focus on the fotos, no meter the distance, no meter the subject, all photos are blurred, I have cleaned the lens, I did a factory reset, nothing worked.
    I'm crazy about it, I'm searching the solution for this problem, but I didn't get lucky.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    The only fix seems to be a roll back to 2.1 or the use of a different rom. Google hasn't acknowledged it and no one is following up or really complaining. i submitted a bug report to support.

Quite frankly, I think that they need to control these releases a little bit better and provide actual support. I don't care if youre primary demographic for the phone was developers or whom ever. It's available to the public and I shouldn't have to go on a wild goose chase to find a stock rom or unlock the boot loader.

I'm having the exact same issue, I hadn't pegged it to the 2.2 update but now that you mention it I realized that's when it started happening.

Your examples are exactly what I am seeing.

Well... many of us don't have this problem. It's entirely possible that is has to do with some application that you're using or something else completely.

It's a little tough for any OS maker to deal with the incredible number of possible combinations of applications that a user could install.

And since many of us don't have the problem, it's unlikely to be a default problem with 2.2

i think the shutter speed is slower. takes forever for the camera to take a picture

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    i think the shutter speed is slower. takes forever for the camera to take a picture
    If you clear the cache and all of the data on your phone (which sucks) it may help. My loading speeds were a little bit better. Where it originally took 5 to 10 secs for a photo to load, now takes maybe 3 to 5... im rolling back asap but a friend has my cable

Quote Originally Posted by ga_ View Post
    If you clear the cache and all of the data on your phone (which sucks) it may help. My loading speeds were a little bit better. Where it originally took 5 to 10 secs for a photo to load, now takes maybe 3 to 5... im rolling back asap but a friend has my cable
    deel is talking about taking pictures, not looking at them

deel, shutter speed and the time that it takes to take a picture are not related. If you are set to AUTO focus, that will take some time. Shutter speed is determined by the light levels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

deel, shutter speed and the time that it takes to take a picture are not related. If you are set to AUTO focus, that will take some time. Shutter speed is determined by the light levels, etc.
    ah
    just caught that

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

gotcha. i may have misspoken, but i was referring to the time inbetween from pressing the button to take a picture and the sound the camera makes. i tried taking some pics of fireworks, but missed them all b/c of that delay

gotcha. i may have misspoken, but i was referring to the time inbetween from pressing the button to take a picture and the sound the camera makes. i tried taking some pics of fireworks, but missed them all b/c of that delay
    Those lows light shots (like fireworks) are hard to capture with any kind of auto-focus camera (even the nice ones). You need to pre-focus. Press the trackball down and hold it (this will let it focus), then release the trackball when you're ready to actually take the shot.

This is also similar to the way that point and shoot cameras work. The allow you to press the button down part way to focus and then all the way down to shoot.

I've got the same problem, my pics are terrible now, both indoors and outdoors. Backgrounds are really blurry and unfocused. Lighter, yellowy tint on everything. I got great pics before the update and now mine are all crap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links