Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken?

This is a discussion on Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I don't know if this issue only applies to me, but I noticed that after manually updating my N1 to 2.2 Froyo, the quality of ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken?

Question Did 2.2 update LOWER the quality of photos taken?

I don't know if this issue only applies to me, but I noticed that after manually updating my N1 to 2.2 Froyo, the quality of the pictures taken are evidently different then BEFORE the update.

Here are the examples:
    BEFORE 2.2 - http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs608...._3459047_n.jpg
    AFTER 2.2- http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4829494_n.jpg

Notice the quality is much more dull in the after 2.2 image. This quality applies to all my pictures taken after the manual update, not just that one photo. I played around with the new settings of the 2.2 camera version, but nonetheless, i still don't get the same "vibrant" colors as before. The photos now look dull in all types of settings and lighting. Its frustrating, I was so content with the quality of the images my N1 took before.

Could it be that this issue is with 2.2? Let me know if you have the same problem.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I checked my gallery and compared the pics and didn't notice any difference. Have you checked your lense to make sure there's no dust?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

yea, it's probably just dirtier lens than before. happened with my blackberry. i was wondering why pic quality was so blurry and after doing a wipe it was back to new.

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    yea, it's probably just dirtier lens than before. happened with my blackberry. i was wondering why pic quality was so blurry and after doing a wipe it was back to new.
    So true... you shouldn't be taking dirty pictures....:rofl3:

Paranoia, Mine are as good or better. Plus all the new features rock. FroYo, You rock!!!!

to see the difference, you should take a picture of the same on both picture.

it's hard to see a difference when you take a picture in a very sunny after-non, compare to inside store...
    different lighting... different results.

im so jealous i dont have Froyo

Didn't notice any issues with pic quality on Froyo vs. stock.
    Has anyone figured out how to change pix size on froyo?
    Smalles is about 1.2 mb...

I think this is a legitimate concern. My pictures are tinted yellow just like his and they were only like that after upgrading. As soon as I find the same rom that I had, I'm downloading it.

Pictures coming...
    Yes, the pictures were taken in different locations but the same amount of light (what matters) was available. I don't have two nexus ones to compare with different builds, but there's obviously a noticeable difference

Froyo 2.2 (91)

(2.1)

Hmmm since I installed 2.2 FRF91 I thought my photos were actually looking better....I doubt they are, its probably just psychological, but let me have my fun lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links