Facebook in n1 & 3gs

This is a discussion on Facebook in n1 & 3gs within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Basically is there any difference between the facebook in N1 & 3GS? I have played with the 3GS & the HTC Legend's facebook & there ...

Thread: Facebook in n1 & 3gs

Facebook in n1 & 3gs

Basically is there any difference between the facebook in N1 & 3GS?
    I have played with the 3GS & the HTC Legend's facebook & there are some differences.
    Cheers mate & have a nice a wwek end!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I really don't use the facebook app on my N1. The touchsite is better than the android app. I just copied the bookmark on my homescreen so it's kinda like an app.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

When I used touch.facebook.com site would never show updated data. It was always way behind.

Huge difference. The Facebook app on the Nexus One runs off the Facebook mobile site.
    Facebook app on iPhone 3GS is a native app.

My background: I owned a G1 from day 1 for a year then a MyTouch3G for a month. Then switched to iPhone 3GS, had that for 10 months, jailbroken, hacked to pieces, loved it. Got a Nexus One a few days ago, since I wanted to go back to Android again and 2.1/2.2 looks great, along with the hardware of the Nexus One.

That being said. Facebook on the Android SUCKS.
    Facebook on iPhone is pretty awesome. Push notifications actually work. Someone comments on something to me, bam, phone jingles and tells me this person wrote this.

Facebook Notifications for Android doesn't work at all.
    You gotta keep pressing refresh to see any changes.

I'm really really really disappointed with using Facebook on Android. If someone asks me what phone they should get based on Facebook ALONE, I would NOT recommend Android.

nxtiak, so will the forthcoming 2.2 Froyo change things in the way the Facebook works similar to the iphone?
    Well, this is the only issue that I am so far not happy with the Android OS. Iphone is still ahead in this dept.
    Cheers mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlff View Post
    nxtiak, so will the forthcoming 2.2 Froyo change things in the way the Facebook works similar to the iphone?
    Well, this is the only issue that I am so far not happy with the Android OS. Iphone is still ahead in this dept.
    Cheers mate!!!
    Nope. Facebook themselves need to program a new better app.
    Also saw another annoying Facebook on Android issue.
    Last night, was viewing a friend's profile, I tapped one of his status updates that had comments, read the comments, tapped back to go back to his profile, guess what, it jumps to the very top of the page, every single time you return to his profile. ugh.

The standard Facebook app fails in just about every aspect except photo uploads. Get Facebook Touch and you'll have a much better experience. I set my N1 to receive text updates when someone comments on my page and that eliminates any lag for notifications directly to me. With Google's recent loss of an android team member to Facebook leaves hope that they now have someone who understands the issues with the native app and may help to correct that.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links