Prepaid Sims in US?

This is a discussion on Prepaid Sims in US? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All I'm still new to this "unlocked phone" thing, so please forgive my ignorance. I've been reading that when traveling to other countries, you ...

Thread: Prepaid Sims in US?

Prepaid Sims in US?

Hi All

I'm still new to this "unlocked phone" thing, so please forgive my ignorance. I've been reading that when traveling to other countries, you can get a prepaid sim card for voice and data, and just pop it into your phone. This sounds really cool...

I'm going to the US in a couple weeks (I'm from Canada), but I can't seem to find any information on prepaid sim cards in the US (lots of info about US customers going elsewhere). I looked on the AT&T site, but could only find info about GoPhone, which seems to come with a new phone, not a sim. I'm not even sure which carriers my N1 supports (except for AT&T).

Any help or a gentle nudge in the right direction would be awesome. I'm just looking for a short-term (4-5 days) type of thing, with Data. Actually, data is more important than voice...

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

We needed a SIM and just bought a pre-paid Moto W233 from T-Mobile. It was $19.99 US and came with $25 free credit on the SIM. It's not going to work on 3G for you, but then again it also doesn't have data.

I see that AT&T has something similar, just not as cheap.

If you want voice and data, with T-Mobile you'll have to buy a full month and they charge a setup fee. So for the first month it will cost close to $100.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Buy an eKit SMS card on eBay. Costs $9 and you get $10 in calling credit, I believe phoning in the USA is about $.10/m. Not sure what data costs... but it's prepaid so you won't lose too much :D I just ordered on as well
    My sigs keep getting

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links