Nexus One vs Iphone 4G?

This is a discussion on Nexus One vs Iphone 4G? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have used them just don't like them the Ipod was great when it came out now there are way better way cheaper and there ...

View Poll Results: Smart Move by Microsoft or just not right?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Brilliant!!

0 0%
  • This is extortion!! Some heads need to roll!!

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One vs Iphone 4G?

I have used them just don't like them the Ipod was great when it came out now there are way better way cheaper and there computers are garbage sorry my opinion windows is a far superior OS
    Iphone has an app for that.......Nexus does not need apps its already perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Nexus is way better main reason where can you get an iPhone 4g besides there is no 4g coverage with att and in the end its still an apple product and that is what the followers of the masses will get cause they can't think for them selfs. Just my opinion but nexus for the win or anything Droid
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's called 4G because it's the fourth generation iphone, not the 4G network. I haven't heard anything yet that confirmed or even alluded to the fact that this would be a 4G mobile network compatible phone.

(Although I'm sure Apple appreciates people being confused by that.)
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

I believe it will be called the iPhone HD, which should signify the higher resolution of the new screen. From the articles I have read Apple will make sure to stay away from the 4G label as to not confuse consumers.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    I believe it will be called the iPhone HD, which should signify the higher resolution of the new screen. From the articles I have read Apple will make sure to stay away from the 4G label as to not confuse consumers.
    Even now there really isn't even true 4G network..just enhancements on 3G..so doesn't matter what if anyone calls their phone 4g..it's all marketing. That said it is going to be hard to find objective views on non android phones on android forums. But having used both iphones and nexus/android I say there is no perfect phone. I don't think there ever can be that will satisfy everyone. A consumer is always going to find something to complain about. Both phones have their pros/cons. If you like hacakability/customization can't beat the nexus. But the OS still feels unpolished to me compared to iphone. I've had a lot more app crashes with android than the iphone. The touch screen is more responsive on the iphone so for me texting and gaming was way better on the iphone. As far as multitasking..are android and OS4 really multitasking? You can't expect desktop level multitasking on a phone but both phones have a similar approach and look like an app switcher/manager to me. It's great to have all the best hardware but if the OS feels slow or "rough" it takes aways from the hardware. Some tasks on the Nexus feel super fast and then some things have a delay even slower than the iphone (ie sometimes an app or even deleting an email took a second or 2 to execute). On the iphone everything felt more consistent even with lesser hardware. I like android and it has potential but if you are a person not into tinkering with gadgets/computers i.e. the mass market..then the iphone will be a "better" phone overall.

Quote Originally Posted by dickins View Post
    In my humble opinion, I love phones for what they can do, but rarely do I actually use all features. Remember when the Samsung Innov8 came out, I was drawn straight in by the 8mp camera.
    It was great for snaps in Vegas that summer, but the rest of the time it was rarely used. Its great having the stuff on a phone, but becomes rather pointless to some.
    Apple have confirmed a new operating system which will work with current phones, so do you think it would be worth what ever this new phone costs for a front facing camera and higher mp on the back.
    A lot of rumours, but I cant see Apple bringing on a phone so soon after the ipad when the operating system is available on current your current phone.
    (same thing N1 to Desire, anyone who paid to switch between these phones is a proper plonker)
    Agreed.. so many people are spec/feature whores. Got to have a million useless features. How many things does the average person use on their phone. LOL I love when I see people build crazy PC's with high end gaming video cards & spend most of their time browsing the web. First and foremost it needs to be a phone that works. It's like having a swiss army knife..a jack of all trades but master of none. Just gotta pick what works best for your needs. What's the saying..never talk politics or religion..now we gotta add phones. At the end of the day it's just a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceybonus View Post
    Why is The Nexus being compared to a phone that currently does not exist...
    Because the even a new model iPhone is still an iPhone. Its going to be basically the same phone, and save for a few extra features its basically going to do the same things as the previous iPhones.

I'll say it again, I am using iPhone OS 4.0 (beta 4) on my 3Gs and I am not impressed at all. I think apple could have done a lot more with the software. I was so unimpressed that I ordered my N1
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Nexus is way better main reason where can you get an iPhone 4g besides there is no 4g coverage with att and in the end its still an apple product and that is what the followers of the masses will get cause they can't think for them selfs. Just my opinion but nexus for the win or anything Droid
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's called 4G because it's the fourth generation iphone, not the 4G network. I haven't heard anything yet that confirmed or even alluded to the fact that this would be a 4G mobile network compatible phone.

(Although I'm sure Apple appreciates people being confused by that.)
    Seeing how AT&T doesn't even have a 4g network, this is correct.

HAHAHA! Have look at the names of people who voted for iPhone:

..., AppleiPhone, ..., SoMouthwaterinAppleiPhone, TheAppleiPhone4G, TheAppleiPhoneHD, TheMouthwateringiPhone3GS, ThereIsOnlyOneiPhone3GS, TheSpectaculariPhone, TheWonderousiPhone
    Granted, this is certainly a poll in a biased forum, but that makes it even cuter to see the iPhone fanatics crawling out of the woodwork like this!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

(PS I bet you anything most of these share the same IP address... )
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    HAHAHA! Have look at the names of people who voted for iPhone:

..., AppleiPhone, ..., SoMouthwaterinAppleiPhone, TheAppleiPhone4G, TheAppleiPhoneHD, TheMouthwateringiPhone3GS, ThereIsOnlyOneiPhone3GS, TheSpectaculariPhone, TheWonderousiPhone
    Granted, this is certainly a poll in a biased forum, but that makes it even cuter to see the iPhone fanatics crawling out of the woodwork like this!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

(PS I bet you anything most of these share the same IP address... )
    I was gonna say, I wonder how many of those screen names were created just to vote in that poll. Hilarious.

I think people get too bent on the brand when it comes to smart phones. I think both my N1 and my iPhone are great phones. Hell I don't mind blackberrys, there is no better device when you depend on your email getting to you quick.

Long story short, pick a device that works for you and to each their own. I guarantee that everything the new iPhone is designed to do will work magnificently, Apple wouldn't release it otherwise.
    Jason
    Nexus One

According to leaks of info, the new iPhone will appeal to current iPhone users and AT&T users. Because if your on any other network or know anything it is clear the new iPhone is coming out with features that already exist elsewhere.
    The new software sucks, its liek the same with some weak multi-tasking, but for the iPhone users or 'apple fanboys' for that matter they can't wait to jump up to the specs similar to the N1 6-7 months later(adding a useless 1.3 mp front facing camera). Im down for interest in front facing camera or something on a tablet, but a phone? how am I supposed to hold that still and stream a crappy video pic? eh, prolly the teeny boppers will love it, tho.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links