Available RAM

This is a discussion on Available RAM within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by number 9 Originally Posted by spacecasespiff Ok so with 2.2 I have more Ram, but why does it say I still have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Available RAM

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    Ok so with 2.2 I have more Ram, but why does it say I still have 196
    That's the available ROM you have available, not RAM. I have the same amount of ROM available also. What are you using to find that 196 figure from by the way?

You can install a task killer(uninstall it afterwards if you want) or a system monitor app and get detailed info on everything also just to kind of better idea of what's going on with your phone. SystemPanel is a good app for that, and is more of a monitor, like Windows task manager, than a task killer.
    196 here using 2.2. Checked using mini info app.

Mini info app is what I have been using since I got my n1 its a great app. It says 196

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    Mini info app is what I have been using since I got my n1 its a great app. It says 196
    Yeah, that's your ROM(the equivalent of hard drive space available), listed as 'disk space' in MiniInfo. Nothing has changed there.

To see the difference in available RAM you'll need another app. Go grab SytemPanelLite from the market, launch it and look at the 'memory' pie chart, that's your RAM. You'll notice that it's a different number than you're seeing with MiniInfo, and will change depending on what you have running on your phone.

So the 512MB the N1 has is what, RAM or ROM or a combination? If it is combined how much for each?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    So the 512MB the N1 has is what, RAM or ROM or a combination? If it is combined how much for each?
    Capacity

512 MB Flash
    512 MB RAM

From: Nexus One Phone - Feature overview & Technical specifications

OK so 512MB each, how much of each is currently available to use? As everyone here has said we only seem to have access to 196MB of FLASH for storage, what is the other 300MB, the operating system?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    OK so 512MB each, how much of each is currently available to use? As everyone here has said we only seem to have access to 196MB of FLASH for storage, what is the other 300MB, the operating system?
    Sounds reasonable. There is probably enough space for two copies of the OS and then some. To be able to do a fail-safe upgrade, you have to make sure you keep a copy of the old OS in case there is a problem during the upgrade. Otherwise, the phone gets "bricked".

i only have about 100mb of rom left which is weird since most of my 150 apps are on my sd card. also i have about 280mb of ram when i restart my phone before using any apps using CM 5.0.6
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links