Available RAM

This is a discussion on Available RAM within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys. In Advanced task killer I get 280mb available ram on Froyo. My question is what did 2.1 Eclair stock have? And what does ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Available RAM

Available RAM

Hey guys. In Advanced task killer I get 280mb available ram on Froyo. My question is what did 2.1 Eclair stock have? And what does Cyanogen 2.1 average? I never looked before I installed Froyo.
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It was claimed FroYo gave us between 150 to 170 mb of ram, and my experience bears this out.

Yeah I have heaps more. What did you get from Eclair?
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

I have stock 2.1 right now, ATK is showing 245M available right now with nothing running; which is rather high considering just few hours ago it was somewhere around 70-80. I think it's because I just recently restarted my phone.

Stupid question here what is ram exactly. Is it the internal memory of the phone. Mine says 197mb of memory and I have about 117 left. I am not rooted or do I run any task kiiler apps. Is what you guys talking about the same thing. Sorry for the stupid question.

32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

I don't have any more ram with 2.2 like you guys are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    Stupid question here what is ram exactly. Is it the internal memory of the phone. Mine says 197mb of memory and I have about 117 left. I am not rooted or do I run any task kiiler apps. Is what you guys talking about the same thing. Sorry for the stupid question.
    I'm pretty sure you're talking about ROM, which is the equivalent of a computer's hard drive. RAM is the same as a computer's RAM, it's used by the OS and apps when they are running.

Android had limitations that didn't let it use the full amount of RAM that's available on the phone. We have 512 MB on the N1, but were only able to use like half of that. With the 2.2 update, we're able to access the rest-- so instead of only seeing 70MB or 80MB free with 2.1, it's now like 200MB with 2.2.

You do have access to more RAM, If you're using 2.2

Ok so with 2.2 I have more Ram, but why does it say I still have 196

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    Ok so with 2.2 I have more Ram, but why does it say I still have 196
    That's the available ROM you have available, not RAM. I have the same amount of ROM available also. What are you using to find that 196 figure from by the way?

You can install a task killer(uninstall it afterwards if you want) or a system monitor app and get detailed info on everything also just to kind of better idea of what's going on with your phone. SystemPanel is a good app for that, and is more of a monitor, like Windows task manager, than a task killer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links