Will Canadian users get the new update 2.2

This is a discussion on Will Canadian users get the new update 2.2 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just wondering if the Canadian N1 Users will get the update sent to our phones or do we do it manually?...

Thread: Will Canadian users get the new update 2.2

Will Canadian users get the new update 2.2

Just wondering if the Canadian N1 Users will get the update sent to our phones or do we do it manually?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't see why not, we have to wait like the rest of them.

Unless of course you want to do the manual update

We will get it. I had the original G1 (one that was from T-mobile) and when the OTA update was available my phone got it right away.

Google is pushing out these OTAs and not this is not carrier dependent

The 2.2 update for N1s are handled by Google servers, not your carrier. As long as your phone has data access to Google's servers, you will get an OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    The 2.2 update for N1s are handled by Google servers, not your carrier. As long as your phone has data access to Google's servers, you will get an OTA update.
    It's really sort of unfortunate that they decided to call the updates "over the air", since they are really "over the net". I think that this confuses a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    It's really sort of unfortunate that they decided to call the updates "over the air", since they are really "over the net". I think that this confuses a lot of people.
    I think it's ok. Many devices need a manual update, like the most recent HTC Hero update. These can be rather complex sometimes, requiring multiple restarts, etc.

This update is (suppose to) be wireless and as simple as a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I think it's ok. Many devices need a manual update, like the most recent HTC Hero update. These can be rather complex sometimes, requiring multiple restarts, etc.

This update is (suppose to) be wireless and as simple as a patch.
    My point was that for the OTA you don't necessarily need a cellular connection to get the update. Wifi is just fine since it just needs an Internet connection.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links