Can't receive calls when receiving Edge data

This is a discussion on Can't receive calls when receiving Edge data within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; When streaming Pandora (or any data) I can't receive calls. When I stop Pandora, calls resume. However streaming data over wifi does not affect calls ...

Thread: Can't receive calls when receiving Edge data

Can't receive calls when receiving Edge data

When streaming Pandora (or any data) I can't receive calls. When I stop Pandora, calls resume. However streaming data over wifi does not affect calls (makes since). I don't remember having this problem before the Froyo upgrade. Has anyone else seen this? It is easy to reproduce the problem.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It depends on what kind of EDGE connection you have as to whether or not you can receive calls while transmitting data. A NOM1 data connection will generally interrupt your data transmission and allow the call to go through. A NOM2 connection wont allow the data transmission to be interrupted and the voice call will go directly to voicemail.

I don't really know to tell what type of connection you are on, but AT&T uses NOM2 almost everywhere for EDGE. I decent solution I found was to call AT&T and have them change the ringtime from the default time to 30 seconds. This allows more time for the call to find a gap in the data transmission and go through before it goes to voicemail.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links