iphone 4g in 3 words

This is a discussion on iphone 4g in 3 words within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NexusRocks Google also failed in a sense and should have had the final FROYO release to Nexus BEFORE today's announcement. I guess ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iphone 4g in 3 words

Quote Originally Posted by NexusRocks View Post
    Google also failed in a sense and should have had the final FROYO release to Nexus BEFORE today's announcement.
    I guess they should put it out even tho its not ready just to Rain on the Apple Parade? Everyone is so quick to point the Fail Finger. Why dont you take up android coding and help if its so easy to just Pump out new builds all the time? Soo many Crybabies on this forum Yo its Pathetic
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

IMO Apple did an outstanding job hardware wise, but surprisingly failed on the software side.

I expected to see some Froyo competition in terms of turning the iPhone into a wifi hotspot, some cloud based iTunes sync (Apple bought Lala streaming music service for cripes sake. what are they doing with it???), voice input and finally opening up MobileMe to iPhone users for free.

Sure, Hardware improvements are always good but what's to stop the likes of HTC or Motorola from coming out with a better specced phone? Then they just throwing Android on it and call it a day!

exactly what i was thinking rioja. apple has just now caught up to HTC hardware wise. HTC is sure to come out with bigger better things in the near future and apple will be behind again because HTC has had these features for awhile and apple only puts out a phone once a year. apples slowly falling behind.

Google also failed in a sense and should have had the final FROYO release to Nexus BEFORE today's announcement.
    That's ridiculous....

The new iPhone was just announced. That's it. It won't be available until June 24th. That's when FroYo needs to be out and about. No need to rush it. Get it right instead.

I know that we're all anxious, but come on. First people said is should have popped up at Google I/O.... now during WWDC..... I think Google knows exactly when it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    IMO Apple did an outstanding job hardware wise, but surprisingly failed on the software side.

I expected to see some Froyo competition in terms of turning the iPhone into a wifi hotspot, some cloud based iTunes sync (Apple bought Lala streaming music service for cripes sake. what are they doing with it???), voice input and finally opening up MobileMe to iPhone users for free.

Sure, Hardware improvements are always good but what's to stop the likes of HTC or Motorola from coming out with a better specced phone? Then they just throwing Android on it and call it a day!
    Actually I think they were a little under the gun. The Nexus was 6 months early to blow hardware out of the water and now available at the very end of June is a phone with 'mostly' pre exsisting hardware. With Qualcomm shipping dual core 1.2 processors and 1.5 rumors from others, I think this round they will be well under the mark with other phones by the fall.
    Love what they did with the screen (although yet to see it in person), but 3.5" has really seem to fall behind favor. Something closer to 4" would be nice.
    FAIL on the video chat, who the hell cares about doing that over wifi? Possibly an AT&T fail tho...
    Multitasking isn't true multitasking, apps are now allowed certains rights to work in background. We will see in time if this matters to the end user tho.
    Google already released mobile ads to developers last week right? didn't they beat iAd to the punch on their own device? lol
    Id also love to see an MFLOPS comparo, because it almost seems to me that hardware doesn't tell the whole story, my same hardware went from 7 to 40.
    Well either way, be sure to mark June 24th on your calendar to not visit the mall or anywhere near an apple store cause its gonna be crazy!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

yeah video chat is a fail on the iphone. guessing this is an ATT problem and not an iphone hardware problem.

had 3g video calls 3 years ago (though in low resolution) on a cheap sony ericsson phone. carriers in the US are probably blocking this.

I think the thing to take from all of this is that the Nexus One was the benchmark for the new generation of smart phones, i.e. evo, iphone 4. Both have better hardware, but the N1 still shines because of its large support base and awesome os. I'll put it this way- the ferrari enzo was arguably the best supercar when it was released. Time has passed, and other cars have learned from the enzo and have gotten faster, more agile, and more efficient. As technology advances, it's to be expected that better things will come down the line. If the nexus is the enzo, then the iphone 4g is the veyron. Maybe faster, maybe more features, but the enzo will always be the enzo, and there's no replacing that.

1) IS the iPhone 4 NOT competition to the Google designed Nexus One?
    2) ARE we all just comforting each other?
    3) OR does the Google Phone Still SMASH Apple Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I guess they should put it out even tho its not ready just to Rain on the Apple Parade? Everyone is so quick to point the Fail Finger. Why dont you take up android coding and help if its so easy to just Pump out new builds all the time? Soo many Crybabies on this forum Yo its Pathetic
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Whilst That is being pondered over...
    I reiterate my commitment to the N1 simply because the Apple iPhone is still LOCKED!!!
    I am FREE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    LOL!

im actually an apple fanboy but i still chose the nexusone over the iphone. i made my decision when the iphone 4 feature set was released to developers.

no surprises yesterday apart from the extremely high res display on the iphone 4. battery life i expect would be better than the nexus one.

apps in general... this iphone still wins with usability and interface (most android apps look like crap)

android still wins in functionality... specially when froyo is officially out.

more flexibility with android as well with more brands/phones/styles... you want a physical keyboard? theres an android that has one. need a cheap one? android has cheap ones also.

guess its just android vs iphone for now... with web os a far third place in terms of smartphone OS.

nokia wont cut it with what i have seen on youtube with the N8... its dated even before its even released. blackberry needs to catch up too.

i love apple products and i love the iphone. but still android for me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links