iphone 4g in 3 words

This is a discussion on iphone 4g in 3 words within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; very nice phone....BUT. but too many restrictions. I've owned the iPhone 3G, T-Mobile G1, Blackberry 8800, Curve 8320, and some old Windows phones like T-Mobile ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: iphone 4g in 3 words

very nice phone....BUT.

but too many restrictions. I've owned the iPhone 3G, T-Mobile G1, Blackberry 8800, Curve 8320, and some old Windows phones like T-Mobile MDA, and HTC S740. iPhone 3G was probably the most polished and most reliable one i've used out of the bunch. It really is great and it really does work well. But too many restrictions. Can't even set a wallpaper? no folders? No widgets, no customization? The nerd in me went to Android. iPhone 4 with iOS4 seems to add many features but not enough to make me change.)

My three words, "dictate, dictate, dictate." It just seems dirty to buy into an apple product. It boggles my mind that apple can bamboozle so many people into believing that the iphone is "the best". I cannot stand having someone dictate how i use my phone. Thank God for Android.

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    ^ some people prefer the apps on the homescreens instead of going through folders.

im not gonna lie, the Iphone 4 is impressive.

I'm looking forward to see how the battery life is going to be on this phone. same 1Gig processing speed and true multi tasking, but Jobs says its going to last longer than say an Android phone. idk, everything about it minus the look of it is really appealing to me...but im not gonna switch over to the dark side, Rooted N1 is still my favorite
    new iphone is NOT true multitasking. There are only certain permissions( and most will probably need approval anyway) are granted to run in the background, it is absolutely NOT like android. This MAY or MAY NOT matter to the what the end user is seeing. If it ends up limiting it will be in true Apple spirit to control everything. If it doesn't make a diff what the user sees and it all does the same stuff then its a win for them because either way it will probably improlve batter life over the android setup... but that could be debated as well.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

T&C
    Who the F@#@ cares...

Again knuckleheads will shell out another $300 for a phone then post the next day on when a jailbreak will come out to get it to do what an Nexus does now!

We can already multi-task, turn by turn navigation, have a 5 meg camera and s we have flash.

So whats the big deal?

Oh lets toss in I dont have a ETF and I can hot spot wireless my iPad and dont have ATT data download restriction.

Plus my bill is 1/2 of an ATT customer!

If jobs had launched the iphone on all 4 major carriers at first I don't think Android would be around. This was a major blunder by Apple. If their board of directors could see past Jobs BS they would put a bullet in him. This mistake will eventually make Apple a secondary player in the cell phone business.

Google now has a secure foothold and the latest phones now surpass even the latest greatest iphone. Apple is playing catchup and unless they come out with some revolutionary new ideas Google will crush them. There is only two advantages Apple may have at the moment. First, their screen technology and second their product name, which is known world-wide. When the Galaxy S launches, Apples screen advantage will be eliminated. Every new feature on the iphone 4 has been in Android phones for close to a year. I do love having Apple around to create competition, which benefits us all.

Sorry not 3 words.

Baaa baaaaa baaaaaaaa!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

My three words are... "Apple Has Worms" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    If jobs had launched the iphone on all 4 major carriers at first I don't think Android would be around. This was a major blunder by Apple. If their board of directors could see past Jobs BS they would put a bullet in him. This mistake will eventually make Apple a secondary player in the cell phone business.

Google now has a secure foothold and the latest phones now surpass even the latest greatest iphone. Apple is playing catchup and unless they come out with some revolutionary new ideas Google will crush them. There is only two advantages Apple may have at the moment. First, their screen technology and second their product name, which is known world-wide. When the Galaxy S launches, Apples screen advantage will be eliminated. Every new feature on the iphone 4 has been in Android phones for close to a year. I do love having Apple around to create competition, which benefits us all.

Sorry not 3 words.
    well see android has secure foothold on all major networks because there are a load of different android phones. u rarely ever see the same smart phone on two different networks. apple has a very good marketing program. the droid does too for example, so it sold a huge amount of phones as well. with this nation of sheep the most important thing is to get your phone out there emphasize the simple "cool" things it can do and make it look unique. Regardless of course that any other smart phone thats out there can do these same things.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links