Questions about the docking

This is a discussion on Questions about the docking within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm thinking of getting the Desktop Dock for my N1. However I am a bit curious: What can I use it for?? I wanted to ...

Thread: Questions about the docking

Questions about the docking

I'm thinking of getting the Desktop Dock for my N1. However I am a bit curious: What can I use it for??

I wanted to use it for playing music on my stereo, but then I have to move my charger from my bed to the stereo (I guess the dock doesn't come with an extra charger---or does it??). This is not optimal because I have to be able to charge my phone during the night ..

hmmm

I just wanted to get some thoughts on how you guys use it! That's all.
    Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just got my desktop dock and it does come with an extra charger. I use it bedside as an alarm and connect it to my speakers. The Bluetooth it comes with is really nice so I can pretty much play music through it wherever I am in the house. For a nice stereo I would probably connect my computer to the stereo and use Gmote because the Bluetooth quality isn't the greatest.

It comes with a charger? Great!

So you play the music on your phone via bluetooth? I like that..

Anyone else? How do you use your dock?

It comes with an AC adapter, doessn't come with a charger.

You can use your phone and have it bedside when you run it through to the stereo but you still have to plug it into the stereo. I just boight some nice 5.5" tall M-Audio powered speakers for my nightstand. They cost me $85 and really sound nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    It comes with an AC adapter, doessn't come with a charger.
    The AC adapter IS a charger. It is identical to the charger that comes with the phone.

I also use it bedside. It's great for that. The display stays lit for a few minutes which is nice for settling in to bed first. Then it has a nice green "LED" look that's easily readable all night without being too bright to be annoying.

I've used my cell phone as my alarm for years. It's more reliable then an AC powered clock anyway.

The AC adapter can power your phone to charge the battery. But it is still an AC adapter. It's not a charger. To me this is a charger.

2 BB99100 Battery +USB Charger For HTC Google Nexus One - eBay (item 370392187533 end time Jun-08-10 18:31:41 PDT)

I guess it's no big deal.

Even better, if it is too bright you can touch the flower like symbol on the dock display (clock mode) and it goes to a hazy/darker version of your home screen. Press it and hold and it goes to dimmer light-gray digital clock!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    The AC adapter can power your phone to charge the battery. But it is still an AC adapter. It's not a charger. To me this is a charger.

2 BB99100 Battery +USB Charger For HTC Google Nexus One - eBay (item 370392187533 end time Jun-08-10 18:31:41 PDT)

I guess it's no big deal.
    The thing that came with the phone for charging the phone is a phone charger. You plug it into the phone and the phone charges.

All the DC devices that we charge in our houses need an AC adapter. Not many of us power our houses with DC.

That charger that you mention also comes with an AC adapter.

P.S. See page 16 of user manual for something labeled "charger"

That's right. The user guide does call it charger. I think coming as camera guy, the AC adapter and battery chargers are always different things.

I bought that battery charger off ebay with 2 additional batteries. It is wall plug. Doesn't need an AC adapter.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links