Be honest my fellow nexus one users!

This is a discussion on Be honest my fellow nexus one users! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm truly in love with the Nexus one, no doubt about that....but one of the things that I've been torn between is the Nexus One ...

View Poll Results: rate the article

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Informative

1 50.00%
  • Not

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Be honest my fellow nexus one users!

Be honest my fellow nexus one users!

I'm truly in love with the Nexus one, no doubt about that....but one of the things that I've been torn between is the Nexus One and the Iphone 4. Lastnight this link was sent to me, and I want all of you to be honest. One of the things that was keeping me with Nexus was the fact that you can keep a App Open while using another app, but anyway, enough talking let me give everyone the link. Let me know what all of you think, and be HONEST and not BIAS.....Thank you SOOO much. Here you go Apple - iPhone 4 - Design of the display, A4 processor, and more

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nexus One is Just Too Sexy. iPhone = Control - Nexus one = Freedom
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Hard not to be bias on a Nexus Forum.....

Here's a fair, [strike]non-biased[/strike] comparison:

iPhone 4
    - A4 chip used for iPads too
    - 3.5 inch screen (IPS LCD screen)
    - Very slim & minimal look
    - You're stuck with what you get (storage)
    - 5MP camera
    - Front-facing camera (wifi only)
    - Flash (for the camera, lol)
    - More customization freedom
    - Multi-tasking (and it took 3 generations. *claps*)
    - iOS 4

Nexus One
    - 1Ghz Snapdragon processor
    - 3.7 inch screen (AMOLED)
    - 512MB internal storage, packed with 4GB Micro SD card (expandable to 32GB)
    - 5MP camera /w Flash
    - Packed with Android (multi-tasking, customization, open-source, all there ever since the start)

Nexus One /w Froyo
    - Faster processing with the JIT compiler packed into the DVM (virtual machine) that gives up to 3-5x more speed.
    - Fastest web browser out there (2-3x times faster than Eclair)
    - Adobe Flash packed!
    - Smoother gaming experience.
    - More "search" friendly.
    - More consumer friendly.
    - A lot more minor features that makes it just that awesome.

Looks, there's reason why people would go to the iPhone 4 and why people would go to the Nexus One. I chose the Nexus One because I just like the feel of it. Even though Apple has allowed customization, I still think that Nexus One is the right device for me. It's interactive! Voice input is the future! And the thing is, I like Android and generally, Google. I can trust them. I've used Chrome for a long time and it's made me satisfied. It's really up to you. Get stuck inside that Berlin Wall or roam freely in the plains.

No pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    One of the things that was keeping me with Nexus was the fact that you can keep a App Open while using another app,
    Well, if this is what is keeping you, you may want to stick with it for now. From all I'm hearing it's a different type of multitasking on the iphone. Instead of processes running in the background, they are kind of.. paused. There are exceptions however.

There will be 7 "layers' which will be able to run simultaniusly. Audio, VOIP, location, push notifications, local notifications, task finishing, and fast app switching. So, you could theoretically be in a call and play a game at the same time, but not run two apps at once.

I think Apple's idea is people will only need to use what they are immediately looking at, which is usually the case, but not always. For instance, you don't want to watch the bar move slowly across the screen as you download that movie, you'd rather play a game while you wait.

But honestly, once again, iphone adds nothing new to the "game", just new to apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fictionise View Post

iPhone 4
    - 5MP camera
    - iOS 4

Nexus One
    - 5MP camera /w Flash
    - Packed with Android (multi-tasking, customization, open-source, all there ever since the start)

Nexus One /w Froyo
    - Faster processing with the JIT compiler packed into the DVM (virtual machine) that gives up to 3-5x more speed.
    - Adobe Flash packed!

Looks, there's reason why people would go to the iPhone 4 and why people would go to the Nexus One. I chose the Nexus One because I just like the feel of it. Even though Apple has allowed customization, I still think that Nexus One is the right device for me. It's interactive! Voice input is the future! And the thing is, I like Android and generally, Google. I can trust them. I've used Chrome for a long time and it's made me satisfied. It's really up to you. Get stuck inside that Berlin Wall or roam freely in the plains.

No pressure.
    great facts.

While i hate apple i do have to say that they always make a great product. The design is beautiful. But here is what i have to say, they have fallen behind the power curve. They use to be the first to come out with something new. Now they are just following others. nothing in the new iphone is really new. Front facing camera not new check out the nokia's n95 front facing camera. tuff glass 30 times stronger then plastic look at dells gorilla glass. Im glad to see apple stumble. I also appreciate that they are the innovators of the great cell phones we all have today. They took it to the next level and now everyone else is taking it even further. Iphone 4 has not made any leaps in technology. Like apple is use to making. Thank you apple for stepping up your game a little bit. Better luck on iphone 5 maybe you will impress us with something new that will stimulate the market like your origional did just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wxl14 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fictionise View Post

iPhone 4
    - 5MP camera
    - iOS 4

Nexus One
    - 5MP camera /w Flash

Nexus One /w Froyo
    - Adobe Flash packed!

No pressure.
    great facts.

While i hate apple i do have to say that they always make a great product. The design is beautiful. But here is what i have to say, they have fallen behind the power curve. They use to be the first to come out with something new. Now they are just following others. nothing in the new iphone is really new. Front facing camera not new check out the nokia's n95 front facing camera. tuff glass 30 times stronger then plastic look at dells gorilla glass. Im glad to see apple stumble. I also appreciate that they are the innovators of the great cell phones we all have today. They took it to the next level and now everyone else is taking it even further. Iphone 4 has not made any leaps in technology. Like apple is use to making. Thank you apple for stepping up your game a little bit. Better luck on iphone 5 maybe you will impress us with something new that will stimulate the market like your origional did just a few years ago.
    The market has caught up to apple for sure. But what most people fail to realize is that design began on this phone way way earlier than you think, probably almost two years ago. The 3Gs was released last year to tide people over until the real upgrade was finished. If this phone had been introduced a year ago it would have been cutting edge, but it wasnt ready.

Apple's business plan isn't about hardware, so having the highest spec sheet isn't the #1 priority. Besides, a good way to sell things is to always leave the customer wanting a little bit more. People are already thinking about what next year's iPhone will bring. I don't see too much chatter regarding the next version of android (after froyo), or the next android phone.

Just something to think about. Apple knows what they are doing.
    Jason
    Nexus One

uhhh, this is your bazillionth Nexus One vs _______ (every other phone) with a poll in it and your second poll on the same Iphone...
    It would seem clear our choice or we wouldn't be on this forum.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

To be honest I would kill someone to get an iphone 4 with Android 2.2 on it for the OS. Android is the OS king, but I have to say Apple can put together some awesome hardware.

I'll be sticking with the N1 but waiting for an adroid phone to hit the market with a similar level of hardware quality...

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post

Apple's business plan isn't about hardware, so having the highest spec sheet isn't the #1 priority. Besides, a good way to sell things is to always leave the customer wanting a little bit more. People are already thinking about what next year's iPhone will bring. I don't see too much chatter regarding the next version of android (after froyo), or the next android phone.

Just something to think about. Apple knows what they are doing.
    Their business plan is about hardware. If it wasn't then we'd see a ton of iPhone OS/iOS 4 phones from various manufacturers, but we don't-we see one a year. They want as much control over the hardware as they do the software, UI/UE, Apps, everything.Also, you notice how Steve bragged about the new iPhone being the thinnest on the planet, and I'm sure they don't mind publishing the amazing screen resolution specs on that thing either.

The thing about them is they didn't have any real competition until last year, really after the 3GS(Pre, MT3g, Droid, N1, etc.) People are willing to put up with the shortcomings from Apple because it's the only choice if you want a sexy Apple phone. Copy/paste, video, MMS, multitasking have been around for years before the iPhone, and to use those as selling points for the next device is one reason why so many people hate Apple. Why should you have to pay another $300 dollars and sign another 2 year contract for something that should have always been there, or wait a year for a software upgrade that could probably be done in a few hours.

About Android, there is plenty of chatter about the next phone/OS. People are talking about Gingerbread, but not as much as Froyo...but I mean come on, That's like saying nobody's talking about Windows 9 yet. Froyo hasn't even been officially released yet. People are talking about the EVO which was just released, the Samsung Galaxy S, the HTC Scorpion, the Motorola Droid 2 or Shadow. Maybe you just haven't been paying attention?

I really want to see the Retina Display, but all the other stuff is just fluff; camera flash--been done already(by a million different phones), folders--been done already(by a million different phones), multitasking--you get it. The front facing camera has been around for a few years too, and It is a nice feature that a lot of phones don't have, but it's only available to use(officially) on WiFi with other iPhone 4's.

Android has been picking up their slack for a while now, and now they have some real competition. I will give them credit for the new display (damn it I really want to see that thing!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links