Touch problems

This is a discussion on Touch problems within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Has anyone else encountered repeated issues where the touch on the screen stops functioning. For example, if I'm at the home screen, and press a ...

Thread: Touch problems

Touch problems

Has anyone else encountered repeated issues where the touch on the screen stops functioning. For example, if I'm at the home screen, and press a widget on that screen, or pull up the menu of apps, and press one....it bounces me back to the home screen.

Other flavors to this problem, is say I'm wasting time playing Jewel, and I try to move one jewel....certain ones won't move (it's not a particular area of the screen, it's random).

Finally, other times, I'll be in a program....let's say "Where" and I'll press "Placebook" (could be anything though) and I'll get a buzz on press, and bounced back to Home Screen.

My solution is that I will reboot the phone and it will work fine again. I think last week, I didn't have to reboot at all....no problems. This week...twice a day.

Anyone else having these problems?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you been downloaded lots of apps at once? When I first got my N1 I was so excited I started downloading all kinds of apps to see what I liked or not. I started having problems that sound very much like what you mention. I decided on a few necessary apps and dumped the rest and my screen completely cleared up. So now I am careful to only download one or two apps at a time and then wait to see how they interact with the others I have before trying any more. So far I haven't had that happen again, and it's been several months without any issues.

Are you on 2.1 or 2.2?

I had that happen on 2.1 quite often, but haven't had any issues that I can remember since I've been on 2.2.

So, that's good news. When I get up to 2.2, I may not have this problem. But....I've gotta wait with everyone else for Google to release it.

As for the previous reply from another user....I tend not to add programs in bulk, but on occasion have.

I've been using most of my apps for a while, and consider them all necessary for a variety of reasons. I know what you mean.....but I have a problem with buying a phone for $400 and then not being able to use apps that I want. If that's what I wanted, I'd just get a BB.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links