When Are You Guys Expecting A New Super Andriod Phone?

This is a discussion on When Are You Guys Expecting A New Super Andriod Phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dimmakherbs Well thanks to T-mobile not having much issue with their network and actually showing some of the best signal speeds under ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Are You Guys Expecting A New Super Andriod Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Well thanks to T-mobile not having much issue with their network and actually showing some of the best signal speeds under AT&T in most of the US, it seems Google likes them as they wont restrict features so their employees and such can test items quite openly with little interference, Verizon is a POS company and AT&T could care less.
    So I am hoping Google continues to make a Phone yearly or bi-yearly that is completely stock Android for their devs and employees. then i can simply renew my nexus purchases yearly!
    We have a winnah! TMO is under some real pressure to perform, and are gradually losing market share, so they're eager to roll out 3.5G asap (we benefit), encourage us to USE it (instead of ATT discouraging their users-we benefit), and happen to get some of the best smartphones selection among all the carriers (we benefit), as well as some of the lowest cost/highest value talk/data plans around (we benefit), with no incentive to raise prices or cut services due to their declining market share (we benefit). TMO users are in a great place, compared to the enslaved at those 'other places'.

Google should just purchase T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    Google should just purchase T-Mobile
    My understanding is they were in talks, but nothing ever came from it...Google may have realised they need to stick to the web businesses. The boards are VERY chummy, though, so I wouldn't entirely rule it out, either.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    We have a winnah! TMO is under some real pressure to perform, and are gradually losing market share, so they're eager to roll out 3.5G asap (we benefit), encourage us to USE it (instead of ATT discouraging their users-we benefit), and happen to get some of the best smartphones selection among all the carriers (we benefit), as well as some of the lowest cost/highest value talk/data plans around (we benefit), with no incentive to raise prices or cut services due to their declining market share (we benefit). TMO users are in a great place, compared to the enslaved at those 'other places'.
    Alphawave = Smartest guy on the forum

Listen to him people!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    cdma is garbage
    Works great here.....

Hopefully Nexus 3 will be a phone packed with power & speed.

Since Nexus 2 will be all business, maybe Nexus 3 will be all "you"? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    cdma is garbage
    Works great here.....
    not because of signal strength, because of it's limitations
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I was in love with the Nexus One back in January, but held out patiently waiting for the VZW version. When the killed it, I then banked on Sprint. Then they killed it. Well, by that time the EVO was just around the corner so I held out for it. That's what I have now.

Now its probably too little too late, but I finally realized why the major carriers killed the Nexus: because Google wouldn't let them lock it down and smother it with their bloatware and proprietary UIs.

Had I known then what I know now, I'd have just got the Nexus back in January. I'd be a happy camper, and I know i'd have an up to date phone for at least a few years, as the small army of independent devs keep the goodness coming. HTC and Sprint will no doubt forget about the EVO as soon as their next big thing comes around. Yet the Nexus will live on.

Sigh. Well, not too late to take my EVO back. Anyone know how T-Mobile service is on Long Island?

When Are You Guys Expecting A New Super Andriod Phone?

i thought i had one

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    I was in love with the Nexus One back in January, but held out patiently waiting for the VZW version. When the killed it, I then banked on Sprint. Then they killed it. Well, by that time the EVO was just around the corner so I held out for it. That's what I have now.

Now its probably too little too late, but I finally realized why the major carriers killed the Nexus: because Google wouldn't let them lock it down and smother it with their bloatware and proprietary UIs.

Had I known then what I know now, I'd have just got the Nexus back in January. I'd be a happy camper, and I know i'd have an up to date phone for at least a few years, as the small army of independent devs keep the goodness coming. HTC and Sprint will no doubt forget about the EVO as soon as their next big thing comes around. Yet the Nexus will live on.

Sigh. Well, not too late to take my EVO back. Anyone know how T-Mobile service is on Long Island?
    I hear ya brotha. ALthough I don't know Long Island specifically, I know T-mobiles' network is the fastest (comparatively to others) and pretty good in the north east. Further they have little issues in large populated areas. It is often the smaller or remote towns that usually have to rely on someone like Verizon to get them good signal.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links