Camera - Gallery

This is a discussion on Camera - Gallery within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I recently uploaded the 2.2 version. Everything was working fine. I took a pic today, e-mailed it. Then I took some more pics but can't ...

Thread: Camera - Gallery

Camera - Gallery

I recently uploaded the 2.2 version. Everything was working fine.
    I took a pic today, e-mailed it. Then I took some more pics but can't access them at all!
    The camera works, take pics. But I cannot access them.
    any ideas?
    thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have noticed the gallery problem after 2.2 too. My pictures from Handcent can't be seen by gallery until a phone reboot, or I plug it into the computer and enable connection and then disable and disconnect.
    On the camera, mine has done to that me too both before and after - I haven't figured out why, but an easy fix is to tap on the picture when it goes to that little box in the upper right hand corner and view the picture and then escape out. Sometimes I can't access pictures taken until I do that, and sometimes it is fine.

thanks for the quick reply. I have rebooted, taken out battery for five minutes, removed sim card and sd card.
    If I put the phone on the docking station, a bar on the bottom has a clock, arrows, music note and house. When I tapped it last night, while on the docking station, the arrow, it would do a slide show. This morning it won't do that.
    If I tap gallery, a blurry screen comes up with gallery in the top left and a camera on the right. But nothing at all happens.
    When I tap camera, you can see the pic in the bottom right, tapping that brings a new screen with "slide and menu" amd the zoom in/out and on the top there are three icons but tapping on any of these does nothing. Another thing the screen goes out within seconds.
    Any other suggestions?
    thanks!

No, sorry, no other suggestions for the gallery - except maybe searching the market for a replacement app until it is fixed. I have tried backing up my SD card to my computer and then re-formatting the SD card (both with the computer and the Nexus One) and that didn't help any.
    For the screen going dark after a few seconds, have you checked the screen time-out? I have mine set to 15 seconds which helps the battery but can be annoying sometimes.

Thank you so much for replying. Now when I try to go to Market it is giving me a server error.
    I am so frustrated. I think I will try to re-install the 2.2 update and see if that fixes it.
    Thanks again and I will keep you posted!

P.S. As to the screen going dark, I have that set at 60 seconds. It is only when I go into the gallery that it goes black in about 10 seconds

You're welcome. I hope the re-install helps you out.

After re-installing the 2.2, still didn't work. Ended up erasing everything out and going back to factory settings.
    Now it is working like a charm.
    Go figure.
    But again, thanks for your help.

i experienced the gallery problem of not loading my recently taken photos also. Apparently i've heard that the system does not do a rescan of the SD card quickly enough, hence rebooting is one way to solve it.
    Try downloading an app called 'SDrescan' and use the rescan function everytime u cannot find ur file/music/photo in the gallery. Hope that helps. It worked for me

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had the problem. I will get that app (but hopefully won't need it( Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bckiefner View Post
    After re-installing the 2.2, still didn't work. Ended up erasing everything out and going back to factory settings.
    Now it is working like a charm.
    Go figure.
    But again, thanks for your help.
    You're welcome. I just might do a system wipe to restore to out of the box to see if that remedies the problems I have.
    I'm glad you got yours fixed and posted back.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links