Nexus will have 720p hd video!!!!!, take that apple!!!

This is a discussion on Nexus will have 720p hd video!!!!!, take that apple!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So we have to root in order to get this new software? And doesn't the N1 already do 720p video on stock 2.1 as we ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus will have 720p hd video!!!!!, take that apple!!!

So we have to root in order to get this new software? And doesn't the N1 already do 720p video on stock 2.1 as we speak?

Quote Originally Posted by 1.21 Jiggawatts View Post
    So we have to root in order to get this new software? And doesn't the N1 already do 720p video on stock 2.1 as we speak?
    From a quick google search, the N1 records video in 720 x 480 at 20fps. Which is dvd quality.

720p HD appears to be a ratio of 1280 x 720 at 60fps.

So, I think the N1 is comparable to 480p?

Ahh yes. I think you're right about the 480p. Thanks for the clarification.

grrrr why do we have to rooot

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.21 Jiggawatts View Post
    From a quick google search, the N1 records video in 720 x 480 at 20fps. Which is dvd quality.

720p HD appears to be a ratio of 1280 x 720 at 60fps.

So, I think the N1 is comparable to 480p?
    FPS of 60 is not a requirement of 720p. The resolution is.
    30fps is more than acceptable.

Well, just remember the final version of FROYO isn't out yet.....

It could be EASILY possible that Google released a taste of FROYO to get checked out and is waiting on final release until AFTER apples conference to see what they released. Its not to far to think that Google wants to see what else to throw in this release, that being said we could get this in the update!

also worth mention is you NEED the froyo radio update.... Im smelling something Google already was looking into!

My favorite part of the article was "it tends to suggest that Google will be able to do the same in future versions of Android, without having to shaft users by forcing them to buy new devices"
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    Just so you know...The N1 is the Easiest phone to Root. It takes like 15 minutes. And HTC will still do warranty repair on a rooted N1 as long as its Hardware related damage and not something you did wrong like Brick the phone. But seriously if you can follow simple instructions its super easy.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    Just so you know...The N1 is the Easiest phone to Root. It takes like 15 minutes. And HTC will still do warranty repair on a rooted N1 as long as its Hardware related damage and not something you did wrong like Brick the phone. But seriously if you can follow simple instructions its super easy.

It does void extended warranties though, at least the one I have. Though I don't think they would be able to tell if my phone happens to arrive in a hundred pieces

I like how dev's keep making the Nexus better =)

Here's a few things I hope Google will implement for STOCK users in the final froyo (or Gingerbread, I just don't want to wait that long) build:

* Native 720 recording (Why not try for 1080 XD... Jks!)
    * Touch to focus camera
    * Fix the multitouch (I know its more a hardware thing), just make the errors happen less.
    * Implement the touch correction too, so when the side of our palms hit the side of the screen we can still scroll
    * Bounce scrolling :D
    * Unified trackball alert settings (I don't want 3 apps to get my trackball flashing)
    * system theme colour selection (Black notification bar and black setting menu, white bar and white menu or mix of either)
    * Fix that horizontal ghosting on white pages...
    * FM radio
    * Better default music player with equilizer

Yea, I know its not christmas yet... But thats my wish list Most of this stuff is available with Rooting, but shouldn't we be awesome STOCK?

I mean, if dev's can do it, I'm sure Google can make all of this into a nice tight package!

Also any news on when the official build will be out?

It seems pretty clear from Passion-Ate's response that Google is not waiting for Apple or anything else before they release Froyo. It seems very likely they are bug fixing and they will release it when it's ready.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links