Nexus will have 720p hd video!!!!!, take that apple!!!

This is a discussion on Nexus will have 720p hd video!!!!!, take that apple!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by FlyingsCool It seems pretty clear from Passion-Ate's response that Google is not waiting for Apple or anything else before they release Froyo. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nexus will have 720p hd video!!!!!, take that apple!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    It seems pretty clear from Passion-Ate's response that Google is not waiting for Apple or anything else before they release Froyo. It seems very likely they are bug fixing and they will release it when it's ready.
    please explain where that is 'clear'?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

"Apologies for keeping everybody waiting. We are not intentionally holding back on Froyo, just improving the overall experience and quality.
    I don’t have an exact date to share yet, but we are striving hard to OTA it ASAP. Stay tuned!"

Hmm, "we are not intentionally holding back" "Just improving..."

There was an even more direct response somewhere else.

What other hint do you need? Have you ever worked for a software company before? Do you know what a release cycle is like? Good luck trying to time a release with a particular event! You're better off getting it out as soon as you can, and with as few bugs as possible. Sometimes they'll say, we want to get it out by X, but you're lucky if you do.

I really don't understand the meaning behind your comment.

Who knows what bugs they are fixing, it could be the code is finished but they found something in the OTA process that isn't idiot proof (as if anything ever is), it could be some interference with the radio was discovered and they might have to roll something back, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    "Apologies for keeping everybody waiting. We are not intentionally holding back on Froyo, just improving the overall experience and quality.
    I donít have an exact date to share yet, but we are striving hard to OTA it ASAP. Stay tuned!"

Hmm, "we are not intentionally holding back" "Just improving..."

There was an even more direct response somewhere else.

What other hint do you need? Have you ever worked for a software company before? Do you know what a release cycle is like? Good luck trying to time a release with a particular event! You're better off getting it out as soon as you can, and with as few bugs as possible. Sometimes they'll say, we want to get it out by X, but you're lucky if you do.

I really don't understand the meaning behind your comment.

Who knows what bugs they are fixing, it could be the code is finished but they found something in the OTA process that isn't idiot proof (as if anything ever is), it could be some interference with the radio was discovered and they might have to roll something back, who knows?
    Yes I read that comment, I thought you may have another one that was more 'clear' that they did not wait to see the new iPhone features and try to work in other things in response to the new iPhone before final FROYO release but that seems not to be the case
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

As a matter of fact there was another more clear comment...

from the Google Apologizes thread ...

Google: No ETA For Official Froyo OTA | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

They have enough things to worry about than waiting to see what iphone has to bring. The feature set for Froyo was locked down long ago. It's very rare a company will add new features within weeks of the release of somebody else's product. If any release has any kneejerk, unplanned features to upstage a feature in iOS, it will be in Gingerbread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links