Unlocked if purchased with tmobile contract?

This is a discussion on Unlocked if purchased with tmobile contract? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, Im sorry for asking, but I have wondered since i bought the phone is if it is unlocked although purchased with a tmobile ...

Thread: Unlocked if purchased with tmobile contract?

Unlocked if purchased with tmobile contract?

Hey guys,

Im sorry for asking, but I have wondered since i bought the phone is if it is unlocked although purchased with a tmobile contract?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, it is unlocked.

Yes it is and you wont have to wait for the carrier to release Google updates because Google will release them as soons as they're available, since it is the only Google phone. ( sold by Google-for now):nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by jnl813 View Post
    you wont have to wait for the carrier to release Google updates because Google will release them as soons as they're available, since it is the only Google phone. ( sold by Google-for now):nexusx:
    OTA becomes available as soon as google releases as long as your N1 is connected to some sort of internet(3g, Edge, wifi). Carriers do not have any controls over the updates. It's just the users use their 3g networks to download. N1 checks for the updates now and then via any types of internet connections.

At least that's from what my friend's experience. He ported the number from AT&T to t moible and while he waited for the port to complete he got a update alert to update to 2.1 update 1 as soon as he connects to wifi(while waiting for t mobile signals). So that tells me carriers do not control over when to update.

Yes you are correct however what sets the Nexus apart from the other Android phones is the fact that Google sends the updates directly to the phone, and by passes T-Mobile. Just look at the MyTouch, still running 1.6 although 2.1 has been out since January 2010, here is the article that says that T-Mobile will release it in the future. They can release it now, but they choose not to because of the new MT3G slide, then it wouldnt sell as much becuase people would like "for what i already have 2.1on my MT3G" And with the Nexus, Google will send it to you right away when they release it. (yes 3G/edge/Wifi..you just have to be connected) :nexusx:

Article.

T-Mobile myTouch 3G to get official Android 2.2 update Boy Genius Report

Quote Originally Posted by jnl813 View Post
    Yes you are correct however what sets the Nexus apart from the other Android phones is the fact that Google sends the updates directly to the phone, and by passes T-Mobile. Just look at the MyTouch, still running 1.6 although 2.1 has been out since January 2010, here is the article that says that T-Mobile will release it in the future. They can release it now, but they choose not to because of the new MT3G slide, then it wouldnt sell as much becuase people would like "for what i already have 2.1on my MT3G" And with the Nexus, Google will send it to you right away when they release it. (yes 3G/edge/Wifi..you just have to be connected) :nexusx:

Article.

T-Mobile myTouch 3G to get official Android 2.2 update Boy Genius Report
    Ahhh gotcha. I was only thinking about nexus 1. you are right about other equipments. That is the exact reason why I chose nexus 1 over anything. I even paid an early termination fee for N1.

Now thats what I call a die hard Android fan!

Here's how i got mine.

Had a MyTouch, posted for trade on Craigslist, got a guy who wanted a MT3G and he had the HD2, we traded even ( ha! what a steal on my part!) Posted the HD2 for trade on Craigslist, found a guy who had the Nexus, but would only trade for a White iPhone 3GS, minutes later i get a text from a dude who wants the HD2 and has a white iPhone 3GS, then i text back the guy with the Nexus and tell him that I now have an iPhone, agree to meet both at the same shopping location but different stores, meet and trade my Hd2 for the iPhone, walk a couple of stores down to meet and trade the iPhone for the Nexus.

Not one single cent spent on upgrading my old MyTouch to this beautiful Nexus!

Quote Originally Posted by rontej226 View Post
    Hey guys,

Im sorry for asking, but I have wondered since i bought the phone is if it is unlocked although purchased with a tmobile contract?

Thanks
    Some of the other answers seem off-topic for your question (not that I care because I tend to get off-topic quickly ).

Why did you ask this question?

In the classic definition of a locked cell phone - Yes, you can put another company's GSM SIM card in your Nexus One. If you are close to that company's cell tower, your Nexus One will connect and you will be able to use the tower. So, for example, if you are in Taiwan and you put in a local SIM, your phone will have a local number and you can make local calls with your Nexus One.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links