my frustration with Google Navigation

This is a discussion on my frustration with Google Navigation within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Thanks Johnny Ken no problem.google uses a third party app for voice. the answer is to have them improve their app...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my frustration with Google Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Thanks Johnny

Ken
    no problem.google uses a third party app for voice. the answer is to have them improve their app
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Anyone from Google out there?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I like Google's Navigation. My only complaint is the issue it has with the Car Dock. I agree that the voice is not pleasant. But hey, Google is giving it away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by chronopc View Post
    Google is giving it away for free.
    Exactly!

Google has LIFETIME immunity from any complaints for me just because of this

Re: my frustration with Google Navigation

Google navigation is new. Give it some time for google to improve it and fix some of the issues people are mentioning.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I wish they had a more direct way to get feedback. As a software engineer who's been in the navigation system area for about 5 years, I'd like to help improve the product. Some of it is just simple stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    Has anyone finding it is annoying to have turn by turn still working while you are on the phone?

I wish Google auto-mute turn by turn if I'm on the phone...
    ==================
    It's funny how varied all of our opinions often are. For myself, I love still being able to hear the GPS instructions when I receive a call.

I hate the fact that when I'm listening to my turn-by-turn through a bluetooth device (Plantronics 855 or Motorola T505) the voice DOESN"T continue speaking during a call. It doesn't resume until I've ended the call.

I really wish there was a way to get the voice to remain audible through a bluetooth headset or speakerphone.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links