No Exchange Support in 2.1

This is a discussion on No Exchange Support in 2.1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; When I try and set up my account with my work Exchange Server, I get the message "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Exchange Support in 2.1

Unhappy No Exchange Support in 2.1

When I try and set up my account with my work Exchange Server, I get the message "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support".

Any idea what this means?
    And are the updates to Exchange support in Froyo likely to resolve this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post
    When I try and set up my account with my work Exchange Server, I get the message "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support".

Any idea what this means?
    And are the updates to Exchange support in Froyo likely to resolve this?
    Did you tick the box to enable SSL when setting up the account on the Nexus? I'm using an Exchange account with ActiveSync and it works fine (well, within the known limitations such as the lack of calendar support and HTML e-mails... but I also use TouchDown to connect via ActiveSync).

Quote Originally Posted by Ak17 View Post
    Did you tick the box to enable SSL when setting up the account on the Nexus?
    Yes, the SSL box was ticked. Unfortunately, the error message is not very helpful!

mah
    I'm afraid I can't help you, but I can say that 2.1 does support Exchange for email (but not calendar nor contacts, etc.). I didn't have trouble getting it set up, but it might be an issue of how my company's server is configured vs. yours. Have you asked your IT staff for help?

Actually, it does support both contacts and mail, just not calendar (which is supposedly coming on 2.2) or HTML e-mail. Have you tried using one of the other programs out there, like Touch Down or K-9, to see if you can at least set up the account with those? It may help identify if the issue is with the account or something else.

mah
    Yes - you're right; I misspoke about contacts.

Under 2.1, I also ran an exchange calendar<-->gmail calendar syncing tool -- running on my PC, to bring the calendar to my phone. Once I installed 2.2, I had duplicates of all my appointments, since the phone just automagically picked up the real exchange calendar. (I since disabled the syncing tool and gmail calendar in my phone, since I don't use the gmail calendar otherwise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ak17 View Post
    Have you tried using one of the other programs out there, like Touch Down or K-9, to see if you can at least set up the account with those?
    I've installed TouchDown and everything works fine, so it must be a problem that 2.1 has with my works server. Hopefully 2.2 may address this. If not, I'll have to use TouchDown, which seems a pretty good app

Exchange: built-in vs Touchdown

Touchdown is awesome as an exchange client.
    However, it separates the contacts, calendar, email from the default Google apps (by design)...

I would prefer it to be integrated for calendar/contacts... but I guess that's how they designed it.

Quote Originally Posted by vrykolas View Post
    However, it separates the contacts, calendar, email from the default Google apps (by design)...

I would prefer it to be integrated for calendar/contacts... but I guess that's how they designed it.
    Do you know if Touchdown can be set NOT to reply to a read receipt.

I had to remove my Exchange account off my N1 for that reason and I've yet to find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vrykolas View Post

Do you know if Touchdown can be set NOT to reply to a read receipt.

I had to remove my Exchange account off my N1 for that reason and I've yet to find a solution.
    I checked Touchdown on my N1 and couldn't find a setting to enable/disable read-receipt.

I did a google search and it also seems to confirm that it's not possible to configure it. For me it's not an issue (I don't care about read-receipt) but others might.

Support for "don&#39;t send message &#39;read&#39; receipts" - NitroDesk TouchDown | Google Groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links