group texting / forwarding a text

This is a discussion on group texting / forwarding a text within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hi guys got my nexus 1 y'day - smashing bit of kit - just getting used to it , ive a question ............... how do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: group texting / forwarding a text

group texting / forwarding a text

hi guys got my nexus 1 y'day - smashing bit of kit - just getting used to it , ive a question ............... how do i go about group texting AND forwarding a text...... ive probably missed something ! looking forward to your replys
    many thanks bill

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Its Very Easy to Mass Text with the Handcent App from the Market. You can Make a new Text and add contacts to it very easily by hitting the + sign button in the upper right corner.

To forward a text you simply do a Long Press on the Specific message and a menu will pop up, from there you can choose to fwd.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

If by group text you mean like send it to more than one contacts, than its easy, simply continue to put in who ever you want to send it to.

Ex: john 214-000-0000, Chris 254-123-5469

and yes to forward long press.

I tried Handcent and its good, you can costimize everything on there.

thanx fellas

thanx fellas sorted on forwarding , what about if i want to send a group text out for example to a football team ?
    thanks again

Group SMS sending without having to select all contacts?

Hi, I am essentially looking to do the same - when I had my Blackberry storm (OK I'm prepared for a flaming mentioning this lol) I simply created a group by naming it then adding numbers from my contacts list.
    When created the group showed up as a contact in my contacts list (except for a different icon which signified it as a group), all I needed to do was select this from my contacts list when creating an SMS and when I hit send it sent the SMS to everyone in the group automatically.

Is there anyway to do this on the nexus one as I have roughly 80 people in the group concerned and its going to be very time consuming if I have to select each contact one at a time?

I use Handcent from the beginning which is good in forwarding to a group (group in Gmail contacts)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

group texts

hi regarding the group texting in handcent - if i go to compose , write my message then add recipients you will see a group section at the top - if i oress this it opens five sub folders , once there i cant edit or is this something i have to do on each individual contact........im obviously missing something........look forward to your replys thanx

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    hi regarding the group texting in handcent - if i go to compose , write my message then add recipients you will see a group section at the top - if i oress this it opens five sub folders , once there i cant edit or is this something i have to do on each individual contact........im obviously missing something........look forward to your replys thanx
    Hi Bill,
    I had a similar issue to this. Download application 'Contact GroupU'. Will do exactly what you need.
    You can create your own custom groups and they will then be displayed in the Groups section when you compose your SMS in Handcent.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Nice

that sounds like it dave - i'll give it a go
    many thanks bill

Hope it's what you are after. Post your findings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links