google

This is a discussion on google within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i think google should have released froyo to all android 2.1 users and then let developers update apps. i think i recall the 2.1 update ...

Thread: google

google

i think google should have released froyo to all android 2.1 users and then let developers update apps. i think i recall the 2.1 update 1 was released to all and then apps were updated after

or there should be some sort of automatic notification that when all external apps on your phone have been updated for froyo, then the ota would automatically start.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think Google should release Froyo once all bugs are sorted out. It's not all about the devs app.

I like my N1 now but I'm sure I will LOVE it once the final build of 2.2 appears.

but they released it to the reporters or whatever. what's the difference if they release it to everyone. if it works it works. the only thing i can imagine that wont work are the apps

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    i think google should have released froyo to all android 2.1 users and then let developers update apps. i think i recall the 2.1 update 1 was released to all and then apps were updated after

or there should be some sort of automatic notification that when all external apps on your phone have been updated for froyo, then the ota would automatically start.
    2.1 update 1 didn't change apis so there was no need to have it in the hands of developers first. Plus, 2.2 was announced at Google I/O (a DEVELOPERS conference). It has only been a few weeks. People are acting like 2.2 is late or something. I'm not sure why their expectations were through the roof and thought it would be released then. Even Apple announced 4.0 months ago and still hasn't released 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    I'm not sure why their expectations were through the roof and thought it would be released then. Even Apple announced 4.0 months ago and still hasn't released 4.0.
    For me, I'm always waiting for the next Google release. I did get excited the weekend they released the early version of Froyo.

I would be willing to work with a Beta and Stable style of development similar to the Chrome Browser. However, if I only get the Developer (rooting with CyanMod, for example) or Stable, I'll stay on Stable. Now, if they let us easily go back and forth from the Developer builds to the Stable Builds, I'd be willing to do that.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

but they released it to the reporters or whatever. what's the difference if they release it to everyone. if it works it works. the only thing i can imagine that wont work are the apps
    problem is it DIDN'T work.
    There are many problems people have had with this early froyo release that is well documented on this forum and XDA. I know beyond market troubles and such there was a huge bug in the Graphics department, and this also is giving Flash some BETA time to get better.

It was like a developers cut, alot of the stuff that pertained to apps and market and some UI glitches weren't a big deal to Devs. You should be thankful, as the Apple vs Google or rather iPhone vs Android gets heated up things like releasing buggy software is just another thing for the press to write about.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    There are many problems people have had with this early froyo release that is well documented on this forum and XDA. I know beyond market troubles and such there was a huge bug in the Graphics department, and this also is giving Flash some BETA time to get better.

It was like a developers cut, alot of the stuff that pertained to apps and market and some UI glitches weren't a big deal to Devs. You should be thankful, as the Apple vs Google or rather iPhone vs Android gets heated up things like releasing buggy software is just another thing for the press to write about.
    It's Unfair to Say it "Didn't Work" Since I'm using it Right Now with 0 Problems...I Upgraded the Day the update leaked and didn't look back. I'm sticking with FRF50 until Cyanogen releases his FroYo Rom.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post

It's Unfair to Say it "Didn't Work" Since I'm using it Right Now with 0 Problems...I Upgraded the Day the update leaked and didn't look back. I'm sticking with FRF50 until Cyanogen releases his FroYo Rom.
    its completely fair to say that. The bugs in FROYO were quite numerous and this is very well documented. Also a tremendous bug is well documented in the graphics department
    OpenGL ES 2.0 Java bindings for Android
    apps and market problems....

Dude, if it worked why isn't it released? Im glad you don't have issues, some havn't, but a large majority of people rolled back. On a huge scale this would have made for some upset owners.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Check out the Froyo Roms on this page

Nexus One Android Development - xda-developers

Lots of people are using FRF50.

Ive been playing games like Zenonia and Armadillo Roll(Which has the SD Storage option available) for a while now with no problems.

But Suit Yourself. Enjoy the Wait:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links