Is the Motorola Shadow really supposed to be the Nexus Two?

This is a discussion on Is the Motorola Shadow really supposed to be the Nexus Two? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I hope not...

Thread: Is the Motorola Shadow really supposed to be the Nexus Two?

Is the Motorola Shadow really supposed to be the Nexus Two?

I hope not

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I hope not too, it seems to lack the sophistication and quality of the Nexus.

The Nexus is a beautiful device, it will be hard to make a device look sexier and sleeker than it...

What gives you the idea this is the next gen Nexus? Personally I think the Nexus will NOT have a direct successor.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

will google be making another phone though ?

Quote Originally Posted by mattwallis View Post
    will google be making another phone though ?
    not anytime soon i think.
    i'd say that right now they're focused on ironing out the nexus one and making it the perfect phone.

Why do you think google cares about the nexus anymore other than being a platform on which to test Android?

Seems to me it's about at end of life for the most part. Yes, I love my phone, but by christmas I imagine there will be order of magnitude better phones on the market.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I've read past articles that Google wanted to make several phones (through MFR, Google don't MAKE actual phones) and have a store to sell. Now whether (or obviously) that was dissolved with the stop selling of N1 on their website, I don't know cause I've read this article like back in March maybe.

Google has also been working very close with Motorola, so that's why there's speculation that Motorola could be the next MFR to host the next grade of Nexus phone. Google also said in the article that they wanted to have multiple MFR to host their phones.

Now whether the pic display will be the final product (which I doubt seeing how it's only a prototype to begin with) or not, we won't know until actual and factual info starts to come out more. People are speculating N2 like iPhone 4.

Personally I hope that Google continues to have direct phones for direct OTA updates. Now how long the N1 in the mobile war, I don't care. There's still things being found out about this phone that I love to continue to hear about.
    Androidfied.

I really hope Google isn't going to make another phone to replace the Nexus One (at least not anytime soon). If anything they need to stick with improving the O/S (which although is an Awesome O/S anyways... there are ALWAYS ways to improve and add to it). I just came from a G1 not more than a few weeks ago... hopeing to get an Android phone that would have a greater life to it (true the G1 lasted quite a while... I still say it had enough life left to get Android 2.0 and possibly 2.1 minus a few features... live wallpaper however Tmobile and Google killed it) I know the N1 still has some top specs and while carriers are finally starting to release higher end phones... hopefully Google will continue to use the Nexus One as their number one priority when it comes to the latest and greatest O/S imptovements and features. I hate to have spent close to $600 on something that won't be supported in next year. The Nexus One is still one sleek and beautiful device and IMO can actually complete with any of the higher end phones out today as well as any that are coming in the near future. I say its all about the O/S now and as long as the phone can handle it (which I know it can) it will have plenty of life left. Why replace a good phone with something else if the phone can handle what software it gets? Hopefully Google doesn't follow the footsteps of Apple and release a new phone.. what... almost every year? With Froyo the N1 is even faster than before... so I am thinking we shouldn't have any problems with any future releases. What does everyone else think?

First off, Google doesn't make phones. They just happened to sell the N1. I think Google will always have one phone that they use as they standard for development. Whether or not they sell it or promote it is up in the air. It's possible they will go back to actually having a dev phone like originally but I doubt it. I highty doubt they will have a phone called the Nexus Two.

Even if it was short-lived, I love what Google did...a huge finger to the carriers, and I got in on it!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links