Gprs

This is a discussion on Gprs within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Let me start by saying that i get excellent 3g speeds and reception. My issue is that often during long calls, i find that my ...

Thread: Gprs

Gprs

Let me start by saying that i get excellent 3g speeds and reception. My issue is that often during long calls, i find that my phone switches to edge or often gprs. after the phone call, it quickly jumps back to 3g. Any help please

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mike3000 View Post
    Let me start by saying that i get excellent 3g speeds and reception. My issue is that often during long calls, i find that my phone switches to edge or often gprs. after the phone call, it quickly jumps back to 3g. Any help please
    Make certain you're not covering the phones antenna while in call. If that's not the problem it may be the version of software on the phone.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

how do i know if i am covering the antenna? I am on stock 2.1

I't's antenna is located on the bottom of the phone, don't ask me why but this seems to be the trend for antenna placement in high end phones. The bottom of the phone is most likely to be covered by the hand and face while in call, so hold it by it's sides (make sure you have a firm grip the damn thing is slippery!)
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Quote Originally Posted by woode29 View Post
    I't's antenna is located on the bottom of the phone, don't ask me why but this seems to be the trend for antenna placement in high end phones. The bottom of the phone is most likely to be covered by the hand and face while in call, so hold it by it's sides (make sure you have a firm grip the damn thing is slippery!)
    I could be mistaken, but I believe that the reason they (most phones these days) put the antenna at the bottom is that it is the farthest from your brain (think safety). It is a radio transmitter after all.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links