Battery questions for N1

This is a discussion on Battery questions for N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I found a seller on *Bay that is selling extended batteries for the Nexus one and is claiming that the battery life is 1/2 more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery questions for N1

Battery questions for N1

I found a seller on *Bay that is selling extended batteries for the Nexus one and is claiming that the battery life is 1/2 more additional talk time & standby hours than the original battery, but the battery is bigger and they supply a backdoor cover to use with it.

Has anyone tried this out yet? Is the extended battery safe to use on the N1, it is rated 2600 mah

I travel a lot and use the internet on my N1 for my business so I was thinking of a better solution to longer battery life cuz the more I use internet the faster it sucks the life of the battery.

Can anyone recommend a reliable "extra battery" that's cheaper and not the original one that ships with the N1?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by electricblue73 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a reliable "extra battery" that's cheaper and not the original one that ships with the N1?
    Nope.

I wouldn't chance it anyways with random sellers from Hong Kong. Much rather just pay the $25 and get the HTC spare battery to carry with me.

I'm going on 4 months with my Seidio 3200 mAh battery with outstanding results. I would recommend giving then a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by electricblue73 View Post
    Nope.

I wouldn't chance it anyways with random sellers from Hong Kong. Much rather just pay the $25 and get the HTC spare battery to carry with me.

Couple sellers in U.S.A. One is selling the Mugen 3200mah and the other is selling a no name brand 2600mah......and others are selling the Seidio

The mugen seems like a good one, there's a review on youtube and the guy had it going on two days straight without a charge and lots of apps running (didn't turn off things to save battery life, but kept stuff on and running)

So far I have to charge my battery quite often with the original because I use it a lot for my business (phone & internet), I do keep a spare but would like more life out of one battery, one where I can use my phone the way I do and not have to switch out batteries during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I'm going on 4 months with my Seidio 3200 mAh battery with outstanding results. I would recommend giving then a try.
    How long can you go on a single charge before charging it again, while keeping stuff enabled? Do you use your phone a lot for internet?

I read a review about the Seidio and the guy was complaining about the design of the extended back cover not having the transparent lens cover and having gaps where stuff could get into.....

The other 3200mah battery I found was the Mugen which seems like a good battery, but it's $80

I to was considering a battery but then bought the zagg sparq
    ZAGG | ZAGGsparq 2.0 | 4 full iPhone charges, Charges the iPad with an additional 5-6 hours of video, mobile battery, device charger, cellphone charger, portable battery pack, 6000 mAh lithium polymer battery, USB x2 at 1000 mAh output, AC 100-240 v/

My brother had one and I liked that I could charge two items usb. So far so good. I get two charges from it. I registered at their site and rec'd 50% off coupon so I paid 50 delivered.

Could be a option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jjcgolf72 View Post
    I to was considering a battery but then bought the zagg sparq
    ZAGG | ZAGGsparq 2.0 | 4 full iPhone charges, Charges the iPad with an additional 5-6 hours of video, mobile battery, device charger, cellphone charger, portable battery pack, 6000 mAh lithium polymer battery, USB x2 at 1000 mAh output, AC 100-240 v/

My brother had one and I liked that I could charge two items usb. So far so good. I get two charges from it. I registered at their site and rec'd 50% off coupon so I paid 50 delivered.

Could be a option for you.
    Looks like a good product on the outside, but I've read a lot of complaints in reviews from N1 users. Lot of them complaining of the zagg sucking the life out of the battery instead of giving it juice to recharge & some saying that it doesn't do what it claims in terms of recharging 4 iphones on a full charge. Whenever I read a lot of negative reviews, it usually affects my buying decision, so I don't think I would get the zagg unless someone gave it to me as a gift , I think I'd be happy with having an extended battery and a spare battery instead as it should be more than enough to last the whole day of heavy N1 usage

Is there any extended life batteries that do not require changing out the backdoor?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    naughty boy :rofl3:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links