galaxy s looking good

This is a discussion on galaxy s looking good within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; its running android... there is always the option of rooting and putting a custom rom with better interface and stuf... so dont worry about that... ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: galaxy s looking good

its running android... there is always the option of rooting and putting a custom rom with better interface and stuf... so dont worry about that... or u can user better cut... the icons isnt a problem.

ive never liked the samsung phones.....

ive been experimenting in my n1 with some customs roms... u can put that bouncing menu into the n1, u just need to change the launcher :P but u will get the samsung launcher, then u can edit the APK to get the helix launcher with the bouncing thing :P..

thhats the point of OpenSource... we can do whatever we want, and thats why iPhone sucks badly! :P

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    another thing i noticed when i played with the settings menu is that it bounces back when you scroll to the end like the iphone. that was nice.
    Guess bounce scrolling IS possible in android. Put this in Froyo NOW google!

That would put us one step higher in UI experience

EDIT: Ou... 100th post!! (Just thought it was a momentous thing... )
    Helix Launcher has lots of options with it to have different UI for preference. It can bounce like the iPhone, or mine goes to the otherside of teh screen when i scorll past the end
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Helix Launcher has lots of options with it to have different UI for preference. It can bounce like the iPhone, or mine goes to the otherside of teh screen when i scorll past the end
    I think antikryst was implying the bounce scrolling extends to contact lists, browser and other long lists rather than just the homescreen.

The interface is kinda appealing to me if you watch some stuff on you tube it seems to be kinda simple. I'm still want to here some reviews on it as it gets closer to the release date of July 21st on T-Mobile. Of course I need to get my hands on it.

I agree...while it's not as sexy as N1 (I mean that it look too iPhony to me), the interface appears snappier and simpler than stock Nexus. Too bad it seems a bit weak in features..I'd loved to see HDMI out on this thing...I await more hardware...

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I agree...while it's not as sexy as N1 (I mean that it look too iPhony to me), the interface appears snappier and simpler than stock Nexus. Too bad it seems a bit weak in features..I'd loved to see HDMI out on this thing...I await more hardware...
    Other than the iPhone 4, I'll be waiting till the end of the year or beginning of next year to make my next major phone purchase. The 2Ghz phones and dual core processors will make anything out right now an antique.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    I think antikryst was implying the bounce scrolling extends to contact lists, browser and other long lists rather than just the homescreen.
    didnt actually check the bounce on the contact list. it was there on the settings though.... it bounces on the end while scrolling on the lit of settings.

No flash on the camera?
    What were they thinking?

trn
    I can't see any advantage over an N1 except the screen is brighter and 4.0". The samsung UI is a deal breaker for me. I'll wait until Motorola or HTC comes out with a GSM 4.3" screen android phone before I think of replacing my N1.

Re: galaxy s looking good

I can't see any advantage over an N1 except the screen is brighter and 4.0". The samsung UI is a deal breaker for me. I'll wait until Motorola or HTC comes out with a GSM 4.3" screen android phone before I think of replacing my N1.
    That's the beauty of having the nexusone. No real reason to upgrade unless the latest OS wont run on the NexusOne hardware.

At least that's how I see it for now. The new Droid looks good if you just want a big screen. I don't really fancy HTC sense especially with rge delays on the updates.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links