T-Mobile HSPA+ Speeds Here?

This is a discussion on T-Mobile HSPA+ Speeds Here? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by d1mitrov Originally Posted by NexusWon This might explain some of the speeds you all are seeing (especially in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile HSPA+ Speeds Here?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    This might explain some of the speeds you all are seeing (especially in Pittsburgh, Vegas, etc.):
    T-Mobile Rolls Out “4G Speed” Network In 15+ New Cities
    ahh i see well that explains everything then doesnt it

Except for why it's not in my town!
    where do u live bud
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

I live in Henderson Nevada which is pretty much in Las Vegas. I have noticed these past few days that I have been getting 2.5 sometimes 3.5Mbps download and about 1.5Mbps upload with a ping anywhere between 85 and 105. Its amazing! In fact I have my phone tethered right now to my laptop as I write this. I am still on Android 2.1 so I need to use a 3rd party tethering app but it works wonderfully! This actually beats out my Clear network which I pay $40 a month for... where with Tmobile I have the $24.99 plan. Just testing it out and I can stream hulu and youtube without any problems even at 720p. Its almost worth canceling my Clear account and saving myself $40 a month... its that good! The only downside is I wouldn't want to go over my usage every month... which while they says its Unlimited its still I believe a 10GB cap before they slow down your connection. Also I like to game so it probably wouldn't take long to eat up that much data and I wouldn't want to risk losing Tmobile as my carrier. Its great to have though when I am on the road and need to hook up my laptop or possible portable gaming system. Man oh man I LOVE Tmobile and my Nexus One right now.

Can't wait till thursday!!! Camping outside my house with a lawn chair and some music until FedEx comes. Let it charge during Laker game and then BAM.. nexus time.

NYC here

Just checked at 9:47 am this morning

2.23 mb/s download
    1.04mb/s upload
    1124ms Ping

With the adobe flash app installed FroYo

Seattle, 3.45Mbps download and 1.40Mbps upload. 101ms for ping! Nice... before only half the speed.

I can't wait to see these kind of speeds. I am in Los Angeles so I should be getting HSPA+ fairly soon. Just out of curiosity, do you know if there is or will be a way of knowing that you are on HSPA+ versus something less? I currently have Froyo on my N1. I noticed that when I was using Cyanogen it would say H, 3G or 2G depending on the connection. Is there some symbol that will indicate that you are on HSPA+?

Quote Originally Posted by mush03 View Post
    lucky... yea i get about 1 mbps at my house, but if i drive around closer to town i get ~4 mbps
    /jealous

houston area
    ok now im gettin 4mbps+ down, 1.5mbps up, 100 ish ping at my house

houston/pearland area

THIS PHONE KEEPS GETTING BETTER

I am getting 2.5 to 3.5 downloads in Oklahoma City and in the North East area of Dallas.

St. Pete area here. When I first got the n1 in Jan speeds were 500ish kbps, now it's at least 2Mbps. Dunno if its the os improvements or tmobile but there definitely has been a speed improvement. Now if I can get 3g on the beach it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by funless View Post
    St. Pete area here. When I first got the n1 in Jan speeds were 500ish kbps, now it's at least 2Mbps. Dunno if its the os improvements or tmobile but there definitely has been a speed improvement. Now if I can get 3g on the beach it would be perfect.
    hah im in st pete as well. its not the software they updated their network to hspa+
    its pretty sweet
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links