T-Mobile HSPA+ Speeds Here?

This is a discussion on T-Mobile HSPA+ Speeds Here? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok so i live in the Tampa/St Pete bay area in Florida. I have never in the 5 months of owning this phone gotten more ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile HSPA+ Speeds Here?

T-Mobile HSPA+ Speeds Here?

Ok so i live in the Tampa/St Pete bay area in Florida. I have never in the 5 months of owning this phone gotten more than 900kbps on speedtest. However in the past couple of days ive been getting a consistent 3.5mbps with a peak at 4.3mbps
    Thats a huge speed boost and needless to say im as happy as can be. Now i dont think my location is in the the HSPA+ area but i dont know how else to explain this. Have any of you guys experienced any recent speed gains?
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Ok so i live in the Tampa/St Pete bay area in Florida. I have never in the 5 months of owning this phone gotten more than 900kbps on speedtest. However in the past couple of days ive been getting a consistent 3.5mbps with a peak at 4.3mbps
    Thats a huge speed boost and needless to say im as happy as can be. Now i dont think my location is in the the HSPA+ area but i dont know how else to explain this. Have any of you guys experienced any recent speed gains?
    LUCKY DAWG! Still sub 1mb here.. :|

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    LUCKY DAWG! Still sub 1mb here.. :|
    Where is here?

Quote Originally Posted by beer goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    lucky dawg! Still sub 1mb here.. :|
    where is here?
    sfo.........

lucky... yea i get about 1 mbps at my house, but if i drive around closer to town i get ~4 mbps
    /jealous

houston area

those speeds sound more like 7.2 HSDPA speeds (although I'm not on T-Mobile so I don't know if they have 7.2 HSDPA deployed, just basing it off my experiences with 7.2 HSDPA with ATT). While obviously much better than what you were getting in the past, I would expect faster speeds on HSPA+

been back down to 500kbps since 5pm today.
    im just wondering if they obviously have the capability of such speeds why not let us have it...

p.s. just restarted phone back to 3.5mbps dont know wtf is goin on
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

been back down to 500kbps since 5pm today.
    im just wondering if they obviously have the capability of such speeds why not let us have it...

p.s. just restarted phone back to 3.5mbps dont know wtf is goin on
    Wow, that's awesome!

I noticed a speed bump from 500-700 kb averages boosted up to consistent 1.5 mb range over the past couple months here in St. Louis, but nothing near 3.5-4 mb! I think in the north east (ny/nj) some folks have reported speeds that high.

Occasionally for a few hours mine will drop back down to 500-700 kb range, but I don't know why. I suspect they're probably testing out the pipes to see what they can push as they unleash HSPDA+. It's good to seem them making improvements though!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Other places have noted this up/down speed thing during testing of the upgrade before full implementation

Here in the mornings and late at night I get 1500ish download speed but in the afternoon it drops to only 700mbs. Any reason for this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links