Android market not show some apps?

This is a discussion on Android market not show some apps? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How come the market doesn't show as many apps for me as it does other people? Every time someone tells me to check an app ...

Thread: Android market not show some apps?

Android market not show some apps?

How come the market doesn't show as many apps for me as it does other people? Every time someone tells me to check an app out, I can't find it, even scanning QR Code doesn't work. What's the deal?

Games are the same.

I'm talking nexus one, not nexus one to other phones, just N1. It's driving me nuts that I can't find these apps, and other people can.

USA btw.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Running the FroYo RC? It excludes many apps that are not 2.2 compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I've been reading about this all day, and it seems there are at least two things going on.

The first is a known issue: for at least a week, apps are disappearing from the Market after they are updated.

Updated Applications Disappearing from Android Market

Secondly, apparently some copy protected apps are invisible to devices that appear to be unsecured, like N1's with leaked unofficial ROMs.

The Pirates Den - Can't Find Android Apps In The Market

So while compatibility can be an issue, there a few apps that are visible on android.com/market ('A Online Radio' is one for me) but not available on my phone through the Market app. On the dev's website 2.2 support is specifically mentioned. Even though I still have a previous version of the app installed, it doesn't even show up in the 'My Downloads' section of the Market app either.

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I've been reading about this all day, and it seems there are at least two things going on.

The first is a known issue: for at least a week, apps are disappearing from the Market after they are updated.

Updated Applications Disappearing from Android Market

Secondly, apparently some copy protected apps are invisible to devices that appear to be unsecured, like N1's with leaked unofficial ROMs.

The Pirates Den - Can't Find Android Apps In The Market

So while compatibility can be an issue, there a few apps that are visible on android.com/market ('A Online Radio' is one for me) but not available on my phone through the Market app. On the dev's website 2.2 support is specifically mentioned. Even though I still have a previous version of the app installed, it doesn't even show up in the 'My Downloads' section of the Market app either.
    Looks like we need our own list of Apps MIA!

Right now, I cannot access TwonkyMobile media server on my 2.2 NexusOne, and it was reported here another user cannot find it. I contacted friends at Twonky, and so far all they can say is the 'unsecured' footprint argument for me..it shows up fine for my wife's G1, for example. I originally d/l'd it on 2.1, but subsequently deleted it, planning to reinstall a bit later. Twonky has no way for me to download the .apk directly from their site at this time, as they're in the process of moving fora and servers,etc.

My MIA

I have Calorie Counter on my N1 (FroYo) and it keeps telling me there is an update, yet the Market will not find it. Also not available for download outside the Market. I emailed them and they said it is a Google Market issue and hopefully will be cleared up soon. Maybe when the official release happens it will show up. At least the version I have is working great.

I can't see GangWars - 40 respect points. It's definitely been missing since their update that was sent out just after I loaded Froyo.

Hi!

I found this topic in google, i have the same problem. I have Galaxy Spica with android 2.1 (and some other stuffz :P )
    I had an app, calls AltTabApps, it was great, i loved it, but after installing other rom, and something else, i couldnt find it...
    If i scan its qr code, i get the "page not found" error... its very annoying, and i need the AltTabApps...
    How did you solved this problem?

I HATE THE BLOATED 2.07 Version of the Android Market

Why or how did Android Market update itself invisibly? - Android Market Help

Its just swallowed 2 whole megs of my internal storage!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links