Hey, Original 2.2 Manual Updaters----

This is a discussion on Hey, Original 2.2 Manual Updaters---- within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by rugmankc How do I back up folders? Is this done when I use MyBackUp, or am I just going to have to ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Original 2.2 Manual Updaters----

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    How do I back up folders? Is this done when I use MyBackUp, or am I just going to have to recreate them. Bookmarks can be lost too? I know when I upgraded OS on my BB8900 everything stayed the same.

Ken

I guess this was a dumb post by a N1 dummy. I understand what you said.

Did you or anyone root or reroot over 2.2 and if so, what is easiest way to do that. I have researched Quickrooter, and Paul O'Briens Froyo with preroot. Both are not delineated well on the steps for for a novice. If I understand Paul's download it installs Froyo and roots at same time while installing Superuser?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

How do I back up folders? Is this done when I use MyBackUp, or am I just going to have to recreate them. Bookmarks can be lost too? I know when I upgraded OS on my BB8900 everything stayed the same.

Ken

I guess this was a dumb post by a N1 dummy. I understand what you said.

Did you or anyone root or reroot over 2.2 and if so, what is easiest way to do that. I have researched Quickrooter, and Paul O'Briens Froyo with preroot. Both are not delineated well on the steps for for a novice. If I understand Paul's download it installs Froyo and roots at same time while installing Superuser?

Ken
    I've no intention to root, so I'll pass this on to someone who knows.

Thanks for all the help alphawave7,

Time to call it a day. Learning a little bit more each day.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks for all the help alphawave7,

Time to call it a day. Learning a little bit more each day.

Ken
    That's what I call a good day!

I would definitely do it again. I haven't lost anything and am not experiencing any problems whatsoever. Of course when froyo first came out a few apps weren't fully compatible but devs were quick to fix those problems...

Dimitri,

Glad it went so well for you. Hope I have as good of luck if I can muster the courage to do this.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

You couldn't pay me enough to go back to 2.1.

2.2 ROCKS! My phone is faster, smoother, dang near glitchless, my blue tooth works GREAT!, The WiFi hotspot is SO KEWL.......must I go on?

Just love 2.2

Well I did it. Nothing seems to have changed. All went well. Downloading Flash Now. Played CNN and Fox News. Fox News was full screen. Where's an add blocker. Will take a while to see if any problems are present. You tube Mortal Kombat great. BlueAnt V1 now does VAD like before. Just have to use it thru the N1 or reprogram built in numbers by having the number call me then set it to a VD number, since N1 doesn't do Speed Dialing. That's OK except for calling your Voice Mails. But, it will work fine for now. Don't really need to program BlueAnt, the VAD from Headset to phone works great. Need to try Tethering.

Anything to test for functionality, since I can't believe I have no bugs. Maybe some will pop up in a few days.

Root?

Gonna test Tethering now.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Tethered now thru my home wifi, FAST.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I'd do it again. Having all the ram available alone is worth it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links