Hey, Original 2.2 Manual Updaters----

This is a discussion on Hey, Original 2.2 Manual Updaters---- within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; did any of you people switch from a rooted phone or you guys all switched from 2.1? im on a rooted phone running cm 5.0.7 ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Original 2.2 Manual Updaters----

did any of you people switch from a rooted phone or you guys all switched from 2.1?
    im on a rooted phone running cm 5.0.7 and i really dont see a reason to switch just yet. yes you can have flash lite but you lose other cool features that the rooted phone has.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

I thought I saw a video on 2.2 rooted with adobe flash. Maybe not. What can Adobe Flash do that flashlite can't. Is flashlite what is on the iphone, cause I played a Fox News video clip on my son's iphone a couple of years ago. And I can play YouTube with no Adobe.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Absolutely! Battery life seems to have improved, its much much faster and smoother. I love tethering and it just feels much better. It's good until the official update comes out

So tell us, Rugmankc ... would you do it again?

Yes!

For all the reasons already listed. I wanted flash and tethering and they both work great. The only thing I had to do was reinstall Swype. I did have a problem with screen orientation and timeout. But they resolved themselves after battery pull. All is good now. Typing this on Swype, it is amazing.

Question is do I root? Not sure if flashlite will suffice. And will tethering still work?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

updated both mine and my wife's N1 no problems.

Biggest recommendation...check out LauncherPro app. Replaces the stock homescreen. Seems much snappier and smooth.

Oh and....WE ARE....

i think imma finally update my phone after dinner... i cant wait anymore >=[

Wait a minute---

---I have no 3g only edge and wifi. Did battery and sim card pull and searched. No help on any of them.

Any ideas and was this ever an issue with 2.2 for anyone?

Any other ideas?

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I haven't heard of anyone having that problem because of FroYo update. Are you sure you used the correct version for your phone? The original version was for T-Mobile phones only. Soon after, someone hacked the AT&T version. Fortunately, I updated mine before there was a choice, so I didn't have to worry about getting the right one.

You probably already did, but have you checked your network settings to be sure the one to use only 2g isn't selected? Maybe choosing auto network might help? Just throwing out ideas here because, as I said, I haven't heard of this problem before.

Maris,

Thanks for the reply. I actually did all that, 2g not checked etc. to no avail. Then 60 minutes ago I pulled batt and sim card, still only edge. I then went back and checked the staus of the 2g box like you advised, and it was checked. I unchecked it and now 3g. Thanks a lot. A little wierd, seems like the batt/sim card pull may have helped, but maybe the default is the 2g box checked after rebooting phone. Anyway back to 3g.

This may be unrelated to froyo like you said, since I had no luck searching. My upgrade to 2.2 has been almost flawless. I have no bugs at all. But I have heard of problems cropping up a week later.

Will wait for official OTA then try a root. But can't find idiot proof step by step cyan quickrooter instructions or a lengthier guide to root with 2.2. The instructions for 2.2 upgrade were pretty good. It also sounds like after you unlock the bootloader the steps to root are similar to the 2.2 upgrade steps. Sounds like this fastboot, recovery, bootloader stuff is pretty simple after you do it once or twice, but I am a hands-on learner and all the guides assume you have done this stuff before.

I have seen a fairly good guide to root N1, but not with froyo installed. Does it matter? And there were radio concerns mentioned when flashing, which I don't understand. I have read over 30 hours of this stuff.

I would like to use ClockworkMod, but most guides are AMON geared. ClockworkMod seems easier to use, but may not be better.

Don't know if I can be without Flash. Does Flashlite (on most custom ROMS) play most newsclips that are usually flash dependent?

Does anyone have, tell me were I can find, or can send me a step by step well deliniated guide to rooting 2.2? No steps left out.

Once I root and have a full image nandroid backup, I will feel more comfortable, experimenting.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links