landscape keyboard

This is a discussion on landscape keyboard within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, I give up. I have tried everything I can think of including purchasing Better Key Board and nothing seems to work. I want to ...

Thread: landscape keyboard

landscape keyboard

Ok, I give up.

I have tried everything I can think of including purchasing Better Key Board and nothing seems to work. I want to use a landscape keyboard for typing but nothing seems to affect my keyboard or screen. Never will it rotate into landscape position.

I have tried the settings repeatedly without any effect. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me nuts.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm using the HTC IME keyboard linked and stickied at the top of the apps section. I like the keyboard better, and it works great in landscape.

Are you changing the input method?

You first need to enable the keyboard in Settings---> Language and Keyboard
    For each keyboard you have installed be sure to check landscape options.

Then you need to long press on a text input area. It will pop an option that says INPUT METHOD. Select the keyboard you want.

Better Keyboard and HTC both have landscape. So does Smart Keyboard Pro.

so does swype

Ok, I think I have figured this out. Maybe I was expecting too much but I was rotating my N1 clockwise expecting the keyboard to follow me but it wouldn't rotate. However, I just discovered that if I rotate it counter-clockwise the keyboard will follow.

Now, this seems rather limited at a very basic level that the keyboard can sense rotation in only one direction? Please excuse the comparison, but my POC iPhone rotated in either direction 360'.

Is this normal for screen/keyboard rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Ok, I think I have figured this out. Maybe I was expecting too much but I was rotating my N1 clockwise expecting the keyboard to follow me but it wouldn't rotate. However, I just discovered that if I rotate it counter-clockwise the keyboard will follow.

Now, this seems rather limited at a very basic level that the keyboard can sense rotation in only one direction? Please excuse the comparison, but my POC iPhone rotated in either direction 360'.

Once you get FroYo you will be able to rotate either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post

Once you get FroYo you will be able to rotate either way.
    SAWeeet! Thanx

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links