I'm done,I've had it with Nexus and the battery death...

This is a discussion on I'm done,I've had it with Nexus and the battery death... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by carlsbl Battery death because it has no battery life. OMG it's killing me, I can't take it anymore. When I had my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm done,I've had it with Nexus and the battery death...

Quote Originally Posted by carlsbl View Post
    Battery death because it has no battery life. OMG it's killing me, I can't take it anymore. When I had my BB Bold I never concerned myself with battery life, it ran a day, sometimes two on a charge. I ran WiFi, GPS and was a a texting fool. With my Nexus I have to keep jacking around keeping stuff off to save power. Yea, the Nexus has stuff that a Blackberry will never have, but the Blackberry has something the Nexus will never have and that's decent battery life. No, I don't run widgets, stuff that accesses the Internet, or anything. Sitting on my desk not using it, 2G, no GPS, WiFi connected to my work network and I come home everyday with about 60% battery life. Screw this crap. Unless I give it a boost in the evening I can't go out with it and expect to use my phone. It'll be dead. It's 11:20PM and the thing is at 13% left. I am a cell phone wh*re. I have had 9 phones in the last 3 years. I love cell phones. It's my hobby, but this Nexus just don't cut it. I ordered a new BB Bold 9700 from AT&T for 199.00 with a contract extension and I cannot wait until it arrives. The nicest coolest phone in the world that can't make it from 05:00 to 11:00PM isn't worth jack to me. By midnight I might as well be carrying a turd in my pocket because unless I give it an evening charge that's about all it's worth. Flame on, but you all know better.......I know you do.
    When you come home in the evening why not place your phone on the charger, and if you are going out in the evenings and such, use your car charger. I am a Phone whore as well, and I have had a car charger for all of my phones, because I use my phone so frequently no matter what phone I had I kept a car charger for it. I manually updated to FROYO and there is a slight change in battery life.

Good Luck with whatever you decide

Sounds like you just a a lemon of a N1.. Battery life on mine is excellent.. can go all day with GPS on, Talk/Txt/Surf Web etc etc with no problems. Start mine fully charged at 3:30am..head to work (McCarren Airport here) and when I get home about 5/5:30pm I have about 26-23% battery life left. Now if I turned off alot of background stuff and just use it as a phone/txt I get a good 24+ off one charge.

Also had a friend at work buy a Droid from Verizon.. he keeps saying it goes dead after a few hours.. told him to check now and then on any tasks running in background which he did..told me same thing about battery again. Told him to go to store and get a new battery and tada all is well.

Sometimes its the battery itself.. but if its the phone then yeah that does suck.

I'm with you, my battery life is atrocious. Last week I slept on a friend's couch. I had 20% battery life when I went to sleep around midnight. I needed my alarm to wake me up. I even put my phone into flight mode and had the screen off. I knew my battery wouldn't last, and it didn't. When I woke up, the phone had turned itself off from battery loss.

It sounds like I need to call Google..

Personally, I don't think the Nexus is an enterprise type phone. I think that if you rely on your phone that much there are better options out there, probably more along the lines of a blackberry (as youve already ordered, apparantly). Google admits themselves that android isn't an enterprise type solution, yet. Unfortunately I've found this out the hard way as well. Not so much in regards to battery life, but really just dependability in general. I think a year or so will change a lot of this, but as of this moment I need something I know is going to work without thinking about it.

Honestly, I blame google more than the device itself. My personal opinion is that google has pretty much abandoned the N1 in favor of carrier subsidized devices. I give it a couple months and it will be discontinued altogether. I think the official release of froyo is being delayed because of carrier testing and not google themselves.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    ahh the battery argument again. im able to go through the whole day with bluetooth on talking an hour, the screen being on for a total of 1 hour including some web surfing settings messaging facebook etc. i also sync 2 emails every 20 minutes. i can last from 9am to 12pm and still have about 20% left. I think thats perfect for a smart phone with such a big screen. Maybe you have a faulty battery.
    "ahh the battery argument again", again.....maybe it's again because it's a serious issue. To me 20% battery life is unacceptable. I am an IT guy that needs to provide emergency support 24 by 7 and to ever have a phone at 20% is a risk to my ability to provide support to my organization.

I have rooted, upgraded to Froyo, used APNdroid, purchased JuiceDefender, removed all widgets, I purchased 2 backup batteries (OEMs from Google, sent it to HTC to check out and they said it's operating within specs. The phone and the batteries are fine. I'm not ripping the Nexus believe me, I love the the phone!! But for me I do not want to have to charge my phone or swap out batteries half way through my day. I wanna shove my phone in my pocket in the morning and go all day and not have to think about the battery. It's just me. But for anyone who expects to go all day on one charge can forget it. It's all what you want in a phone. My post last night was me venting my frustration.

This phone is like a woman, cool to look at, nice to hold in your hand, but high maintenance.

I'm done.
    maybe your lifestyle is way too active to be inconvenienced by charging a phone while at home or with a car charger. enjoy your blackberry while i pay my bills trough my nexus, bid on ebay, use it as a credit card machine, a gps, a walkie talkie, play cool games, multitask, watch flash videos online and enjoy my 4mbps internet speed.

Oh and to that genius above who is saying oh the nexus will be discontinued and blah blah blah....every phone gets discontinued once a newer better phone comes out. Fact of the matter is the nexus along with a few other phones still has the best specs and hardware on the market and will continue to do so at least till the end of the year. so go spew this BS elsewhere.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

ahh the battery argument again. im able to go through the whole day with bluetooth on talking an hour, the screen being on for a total of 1 hour including some web surfing settings messaging facebook etc. i also sync 2 emails every 20 minutes. i can last from 9am to 12pm and still have about 20% left. I think thats perfect for a smart phone with such a big screen. Maybe you have a faulty battery.
    "ahh the battery argument again", again.....maybe it's again because it's a serious issue. To me 20% battery life is unacceptable. I am an IT guy that needs to provide emergency support 24 by 7 and to ever have a phone at 20% is a risk to my ability to provide support to my organization.

I have rooted, upgraded to Froyo, used APNdroid, purchased JuiceDefender, removed all widgets, I purchased 2 backup batteries (OEMs from Google, sent it to HTC to check out and they said it's operating within specs. The phone and the batteries are fine. I'm not ripping the Nexus believe me, I love the the phone!! But for me I do not want to have to charge my phone or swap out batteries half way through my day. I wanna shove my phone in my pocket in the morning and go all day and not have to think about the battery. It's just me. But for anyone who expects to go all day on one charge can forget it. It's all what you want in a phone. My post last night was me venting my frustration.

This phone is like a woman, cool to look at, nice to hold in your hand, but high maintenance.

I'm done.
    maybe your lifestyle is way too active to be inconvenienced by charging a phone while at home or with a car charger. enjoy your blackberry while i pay my bills trough my nexus, bid on ebay, use it as a credit card machine, a gps, a walkie talkie, play cool games, multitask, watch flash videos online and enjoy my 4mbps internet speed.

Oh and to that genius above who is saying oh the nexus will be discontinued and blah blah blah....every phone gets discontinued once a newer better phone comes out. Fact of the matter is the nexus along with a few other phones still has the best specs and hardware on the market and will continue to do so at least till the end of the year. so go spew this BS elsewhere.
    Wow. Didn't know stating my opinion was being a genius. You are a real class act.
    Jason
    Nexus One

A fancy schmancy smart phone is hardly the best "support tool". Get a dumb phone for that. One where the battery lasts all week.....

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I think the problem that people fail to realize is that certain phones are designed for certain structures. Nokia e71 for example is one of the best business phones Nokia has designed for the corporate world (I still miss that remarkable phone). Black Berry were designed specifically for the structure for corporation and business use. You wouldn't use a notebook that specifically designed for internet use and media to do IT functions you would use a laptop or desktop for now would you?

I use my N1 for it's sole purpose of 1. a phone 2. a multimedia device 3. a mobile social network connection and 3. a toy. Everything else after is irrelevant, eventhough I still receive and send emails with 0 issues.

There were functions far more better on my e71 when it came to emails and networking and communication than the n1.

BTW, I have 0 problems using my n1's battery life. I was on vacation for a whole week. All I would do is dim the brightness, turned off live wallpaper, and turned off active sync. 0 issues and well over %60 of battery life at the end of the day walking around Disney World with no possibility of charging my phone. You don't walk around with your laptop uncharged so why on earth would you do that with a pocket computer.
    Androidfied.

Since we already have numerous battery threads discussing both issues and solutions, and this thread is devolving into senseless personal digs, locking it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links