what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one?

This is a discussion on what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by turtle* Originally Posted by greg call quality: people have told me it can be pretty bad, but i;ve not heard it myself ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one?

Quote Originally Posted by turtle* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    call quality: people have told me it can be pretty bad, but i;ve not heard it myself
    I've been getting that a lot lately. I never had it an issue when i had my old mytouch but with the nexus... it sounds bad or no low.

But honestly this phone has great in some many other ways it pretty much covers the downside.
    Maybe it's a TMO thing. I think that the call quality is outstanding (using AT&T).

no front facing camera and weak multi-touch performance.

i wish the speaker was louder
    battery life

Quote Originally Posted by dick w View Post
    Poor radio performance. Second biggest weakness is hard to think of by comparison.
    Not on my phone. Maybe yours needs to be sent back and fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dick w View Post
    Poor radio performance. Second biggest weakness is hard to think of by comparison.
    Not on my phone. Maybe yours needs to be sent back and fixed?
    See... this is what I have been thinking... I think that the reception problems that some people are having is more situational than equipment based.

Wireless networks are complicated and finicky. My phone has been great. The only places that I have had issues are the well known "dead zones" for AT&T. Same places that I've had problems with every phone I've ever had on their network (with is pretty good elsewhere).

I know about all of the complaints on the "net", but I think that the hardware is fundamentally sound (not perfect, but plenty good enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I think that the reception problems that some people are having is more situational than equipment based.
    I agree... like my real estate agent keeps saying "location, location, location."

I used AT&T for years. It always had poor reception in my area, but I had a sweetheart deal that they kept grandfathering year to year ($19.95 unlimited everything, w/ $10 data plan)

When AT&T were slow to implement support for N1, I switched to T-Mo. Man, what a difference - my speed is awesome now! But then I hear of awful T-Mo connectivity in New Jersey and Chicago areas, so... location, location, location. The N1 phone is great!

Quote Originally Posted by rottensalad View Post
    I think the biggest weakness is the lack of marketing it has had. The phone is by far the best on the market but google dropped the ball when it comes to marketing the phone. Oh well, i guess we have one and that's all that matters!
    Well, I like the fact that not too many people have the phone I have.

Touch screen bugginess for me.

As far as l know every phone has problems and things we don't like about them but over all the nexus one is by far the best phone for me even with the touchy touch screen.

Re: what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one?

I LOVE this phone. But there are still a lot of things to improve...

- baterry life is terrible imo. I have to charge it nighly, even with lowest brightness and basic apps running.
    - as others said, can't see the screen outside on a sunny day.
    - as much as I'm really starting to hate apple again, the iphone's keyboard is way more responsive and predictive when typing. The N1 keyboard is completely sporatic sometimes...for example I'll press the "del" key and it keeps typing the letter "z". Messed up! Also, it "seems" as if the keys are too close together, cause I have to retype about every 3 words if I don't type very slow. Doesn't happen at all on my ipod touch keyboard.

But I still wouldn't trade it for anything else I love Google's philosophy and Android system.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links