what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one?

This is a discussion on what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Oh ya, front facing speaker would be great and more logical, too. Someone on the other side of the room can hear it better than ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one?

Re: what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one?

Oh ya, front facing speaker would be great and more logical, too. Someone on the other side of the room can hear it better than I could with the volume full blast. Lol Oh well.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

The only thing my N1 + FroYo is missing is a front facing camera otherwise its just amazing.

Only 2 issues for me, although I love the screen it is poor in sunlight even on 100% brightness. Second issue is signal strength does seem to be poorer on this phone than on my G1.

But otherwise an amazing phone.

The question was, what is the biggest weakness, not what features do you wish it had. This phone was released before some of these features were available. I have found that the touch screen registers a touch in the wrong place about once a week. I just lock the screen and all is good. I have had no other issues. Compared to my old iphone this is 10 times better. I will keep this phone until Google releases another nexus or the phone doesn't work anymore. Best phone on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dick w View Post
    Poor radio performance. Second biggest weakness is hard to think of by comparison.
    Not on my phone. Maybe yours needs to be sent back and fixed?
    See... this is what I have been thinking... I think that the reception problems that some people are having is more situational than equipment based.
    My wife and I had two Moto V3xxs on AT&T for three years before getting the Nexus Ones. In places the V3xxs were marginal, the Nexus Ones are both bricks.

We can be in places very close to iPhone users (AT&T, I'm thinking) who are yacking away, and be popping in and out of service.

If I hold mine in certain orientations (primarily with hand away from the patch of soft touch at the bottom) it's uniformly better (sometimes 2 or more bars) than if I just hold it naturally.

I think they have some RF "issues".

I agree on the RF issues.

Am I depressed with the phone, no, it's all I've ever wanted, but connectivity is definitely a problem. I'll have no connection, reboot the phone, and it's fine. That's a problem. I'm on my 2nd replacement phone, and they have all been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ric View Post
    Oh ya, front facing speaker would be great and more logical, too. Someone on the other side of the room can hear it better than I could with the volume full blast. Lol Oh well.
    Turn the phone around.....

Re: what is the biggest weakness of the nexus one?

It's kind of hard to watch YouTube videos when I turn the phone around

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    Never had a problem with sound but my touch screen gives me problems all the time l' m hopping froyo 2. 2 fixes this.
    I've never had any screen issues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood that it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    ...connectivity is definitely a problem. I'll have no connection, reboot the phone, and it's fine. That's a problem. I'm on my 2nd replacement phone, and they have all been the same.
    That's your network, not the phone.

Most complaints I read about here are not the phone, but the network you're on. Complain to them. Only if they get enough specific complaints will they know they need to improve their connectivity across their network.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links