History of your phones...list them

This is a discussion on History of your phones...list them within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, so having some time at the office and I'm thinking about all the old cell phones I had. I just wanted to do a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: History of your phones...list them

History of your phones...list them

Okay, so having some time at the office and I'm thinking about all the old cell phones I had. I just wanted to do a thread so everyone can list out the phones they used to owned or used and what you think of each of them.
    Here is my list:

1998 - Nokia 5110 - First cell phone I ever owned. I forgot the carrier I used but the phone was heavy and it didn't have vibrate. The only way to have vibrate was to get a battery that had vibrate built it. The best game that came with it was "snake". I think the minutes allowed each month was like 100 or something like that. The only thing we had that came close to bluetooth was this:

1999 - Motorola Timeport - This was the second generation of phone that came after the revolutionary Startac phone. it was much sleeker looking though. this had the blue back-lit light instead of the green.

2000 - Ericsson T28sc - now this was a truly "small" compact phone. Instead of being a flip phone, you can press a "release" button on the side to answer calls! It was very cool back then. the only bad thing - that HUGE ass antenna sticking out of it.
    (you guys might notice that I am getting new phone every year, back then they didn't have 2 year contracts)

2001-2002 - Can't recall what phones I used then (a senior moment)

2003-2004 - My first time going with nextel cause at the time, using the walkie talkie was the coolest thing. I think I got the i710.

2005-2006 - Stuck with nextel cause of the cheap rates I was getting so i got the i860...first color phone I got...i think.

2007-2008 - Switched over to Cingular (which was taken over by AT&T) and got the w860i...it did everything i wanted to at the time...one of the best camera at the time (2 mp) and very compact!

2009 - Switched over to t-mobile cause of the plans and its very good reception in my area and got myself w960 since was so happy with sony. but i regret it...this phone was ok but for some reason the "touch" screen stopped working in a little more than a year.

2010 - N1

Of course, before cell phones, there were pagers and I had a couple of those too :-)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1st: Lg EnV (mah' Baby!)

2nd: iPhone 3gs (Ugh)

3rd: Nexus One (*in Braveheart voice* FREEDOM!!!)

The iPhone I wish I could have a do-over on but hey it still got me to the phone I really wanted. It's kind of like when you date a hot stupid girl and break up with her to get to your true love

My Rags to Riches Story
    1st: Motorola Startac
    2nd: Nokia 3390
    3rd: Motorola Razr V3
    4th: Google Nexus One
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I blogged about mine on the 20th anniversary of my first phone earlier in the year.

Basically:

1. NEC P3 (1990-1991)
    2. NEC P4 (1991-1993)
    3. Motorola 5200 (1993-1995)
    4. Motorola 8200 (1995-1999)
    5. Samsung SGH-600 (1999-2001)
    6. Ericsson T65 (2002)
    7. Siemens S55 (2003-2004)
    8. Motorola Razr V3 (2004-2007)
    9. Nokia N95-3 (2007-2010)
    10. Google Nexus One (2010-)
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

LOL

I can't remember them all, but the first one was the classic gray Motorola analog phone. I'm not even sure what the official name or model number was. That thing was a monster.

It had the little flip out piece that didn't do anything over the keypad. LED display. Huge battery that would last about an hour of talk time and took 20+ hours to charge. Of course, you hardly ever talked because air time was so expensive back then.

Those were the days....

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    LOL

I can't remember them all, but the first one was the classic gray Motorola analog phone. I'm not even sure what the official name or model number was. That thing was a monster.

It had the little flip out piece that didn't do anything over the keypad. LED display. Huge battery that would last about an hour of talk time and took 20+ hours to charge. Of course, you hardly ever talked because air time was so expensive back then.

Those were the days....
    Check out my blog, I had a couple of those. Maybe you had the same one. I still have all my phones in my phone museum
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Check out my blog, I had a couple of those. Maybe you had the same one. I still have all my phones in my phone museum
    The one that I had was right before the 5200. It was bigger and gray colored. Do you know that the model number might be? Now I'm really curious. I'm having a hard time finding it on the net.

Don't remember the first one
    Krzr (Waste of time and money)
    iPhone 3G (great for its time, but its time has come)
    Nexus one (so far great, only have had it for one week)

i've had far too many phones to list.

I'll go backwards as its easier to remember. Couple more here and there i had but dont remeber or care about. As you can see i pretty much have the tmobile line up... I normally upgrade when i find something i THINK is better.

Nexus One
    Mytouch 3g original
    iphone 2g 16gb
    Nokia N82
    Nokia 5500d sport (still have)
    Blackberry curve 8320
    Tmobile WING
    Tmobile SDA
    Tmobile MDA
    Nokia 6620
    Nokia N-Gage ( still have)
    Nokia 8390
    Nokia 3650 ( crazy dial pad)
    Motorola T720 ( i think... the detactable camera one)
    Motorola V60
    Nokia 8260 (first phone)

Trying to remember... I think this list is correct

Vodafone MN-1
    Nokia 3210
    Ericsson R320S
    Ericsson T68
    Orange SPV C500
    Nokia 3230
    Motorola SLVR
    Nokia N95
    iPhone 2G
    HTC Touch Pro
    SonyEricsson C902
    Google Nexus One

That's about as accurate as I can be... and of all that lot, I still loved my MN-1

I had the blue one in the middle... the morning after the first night at uni, shattered the screen was not happy... that phone (up till that event) was utterly bombproof!!

I would quite honestly have one now, if I could get one (only one I've seen is 200 brand new in the box, or 40 branded as "Maxon" which isn't really what i'd want)

Also, another thing that I've remembered about it - the flashing indicator light... When you had a signal, it flashed green, when you didn't - it didn't. When the battery was low, it flashed red.

The N1 needs an external signal indicator flashing away, that was a brilliant, brilliant feature!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links