just got n1 today, but the screen wont turn on

This is a discussion on just got n1 today, but the screen wont turn on within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so i finally took the plunge and got n1 after using my iphone 2g on tmobile for almost 3yrs. waited at home for fedex, but ...

Thread: just got n1 today, but the screen wont turn on

just got n1 today, but the screen wont turn on

so i finally took the plunge and got n1 after using my iphone 2g on tmobile for almost 3yrs. waited at home for fedex, but somehow the delivery guy just left without even a doortag. after finally got my hands on the phone after 45min drive to the fedex sorting center, i opened it in my car, inserted the battery, powered it on. everything was great. when i got back home, the screen wont light up, so i assumed the battery is probably dead. i charged it for at least 3 hrs, now the screen still wont turn on. however, u see the background light and a bunch of pixels

http://bit.ly/9e7zQn

does anyone have any idea what is going on?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try taken the battery out and putting it back. That's what I did when my screen would not come back on.

i tried that, took the battery out for at least 20 seconds, put it back in, nothing

I hate to say it but it might be a bad unit

You have 5 screens, sounds like you are on a screen with nothing on it. Try scrolling. Does it have the app drawer icon showing. If so grab some app icons and go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    You have 5 screens, sounds like you are on a screen with nothing on it. Try scrolling. Does it have the app drawer icon showing. If so grab some app icons and go to work.
    it's not one of the screens. the touch sensitive buttons on the bottom are all unresponsive, and you cant see the top bar.

i called google and htc, getting a refund now. just glad i didnt get a used one from ebay right now

Should have got a replacement. Nexus one is the best.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

i want to make sure i get my refund before ordering. already got the case-mate case for it too...

Quote Originally Posted by reachbeyond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    it's not one of the screens. the touch sensitive buttons on the bottom are all unresponsive, and you cant see the top bar.

i called google and htc, getting a refund now. just glad i didnt get a used one from ebay right now
    As with any piece of electronics, there will be bad ones in the manufacturing process. I wouldn't let this scare you away from the phone or platform. I think this was just a fluke thing.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by reachbeyond View Post
    i want to make sure i get my refund before ordering. already got the case-mate case for it too...
    Just glad you have not gave up on nexus or android.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links