Best way to keep battery good?

This is a discussion on Best way to keep battery good? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Would you say it is best to let battery empty or go to where it says connect your charger? Or does it not matter when ...

Thread: Best way to keep battery good?

Best way to keep battery good?

Would you say it is best to let battery empty or go to where it says connect your charger? Or does it not matter when and does it matter if it is over charged

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Would you say it is best to let battery empty or go to where it says connect your charger? Or does it not matter when and does it matter if it is over charged
    Here is some great info on the subject

[Guide] Everything you wanted to know about Li-Ion batteries but were afraid to ask! - xda-developers
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Thanks for the link SBS. I hope a lot of people read that info because WAY too many people are still giving advice based on NiCad batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Thanks for the link SBS. I hope a lot of people read that info because WAY too many people are still giving advice based on NiCad batteries.
    I Couldn't agree more with your statement
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

djb
    That's a pretty good summary, far more accurate than most advice.
    But it still provides some bad info:

The phone power controller won't let you discharge below the damage level, or even especially close.

The charge controller is built into the phone so there is no way a car adapter will do damage. It would have to a stand-alone charger that took a removed battery, and be especially badly designed to do that. (I get unreasonably unset when I see this claim repeated with other car adapters. Of course they won't overcharge your battery! But not because any circuitry that they have. It's because the device controls the battery charge.)

My battery approach is simple: I bought a cheap extra battery (counterfeit? probably yes) for everyday use. I keep the original as a spare for when I need the best capacity. Considering the extra battery is just a few dollars online and is trivially swapped, it's not worth being paranoid about battery life. Unlike $200-$300 laptop batteries, or batteries that require breaking the phone's seal to replace.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links