*NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data

This is a discussion on *NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dziddy Has anyone using Simple Mobile got Google Voice (GV) to work with it? I'm interested in using GV as my "answering ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: *NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data

Quote Originally Posted by dziddy View Post
    Has anyone using Simple Mobile got Google Voice (GV) to work with it? I'm interested in using GV as my "answering service" and to forward calls to my cell from the GV number.

GV configuration fails using my SImple Mobile number. I get an advisory to "contact the carrier" everytime.
    Im on T-mobile even more plus plan, which is like pre-paid, and Google voice doesn't work with it because they dont let forwarding, for whatever reason. Thats probably why its not working on simple mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by ygrazi View Post
    Has anyone using Simple Mobile got Google Voice (GV) to work with it? I'm interested in using GV as my "answering service" and to forward calls to my cell from the GV number.

GV configuration fails using my SImple Mobile number. I get an advisory to "contact the carrier" everytime.
    Im on T-mobile even more plus plan, which is like pre-paid, and Google voice doesn't work with it because they dont let forwarding, for whatever reason. Thats probably why its not working on simple mobile.
    Google Voice works perfect for me on the same Even More Plus plan. Maybe need to double check the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post

Google Voice works perfect for me on the same Even More Plus plan. Maybe need to double check the settings?
    you have it set up that when someone calls your regular number it forwards to google voicemail?

You can't forward calls made to your regular (t-mobile issued/Simple mobile issued) phone number to GV Voicemail. You can use your Google Voice number and have it forward to your T-mobile cell # but you'll end up using the T-Mobile voicemail. Strangely enough, sometimes, the call ends up in GV, sometimes it ends up in T-Mobile. I'm not sure why.

you have it set up that when someone calls your regular number it forwards to google voicemail?
    Thats not how Google Voice works... You tell everyone to call your Google Voice # instead of your real #... then have Google Voice forward calls from your Google Voice # to your real #

You have it backwards.

Thats not how Google Voice works... You tell everyone to call your Google Voice # instead of your real #... then have Google Voice forward calls from your Google Voice # to your real #

You have it backwards.
    I understand that, what Im saying though is if you would like to not give out your google voice number and just use it for voice mail, you usually can go in the settings and change your tmobile voice mail number to google voice, but with tmobile prepaid you cant forward and probably the same with simple mobile

Try to set up up your GV voicemail from your computer
    Settings > Voice Settings > (under your Mobile area) click Activate Google Voicemail on this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Try to set up up your GV voicemail from your computer
    Settings > Voice Settings > (under your Mobile area) click Activate Google Voicemail on this phone.
    I just looked there and the first thing you see is "Note: This feature does not work with T-Mobile prepaid phone plans"

I had no idea. I'm on ATT.
    That's truly weird.

Shame on me for once being a Test Engineer and not actually conducting the test.

I enabled my Simple Mobile number on GV through the website ignoring the "T-Mobile pre-paid warning" with the following results:

- Daughter was able to call my GV number and I received the call on my Simple Mobile (SM) carrier based N1.
    - Daughter was able to text my GV number and I received the text
    - I was able to text my daughter using GV and the received text depicted my GV number
    - Had my daughter call my GV number and I did not answer. Received the mis-call notification on my N1 and gmail transcript/voice recording of mis-call
    - I was able to make an International Call (added money to my GV account) and the recipient's mobile displayed my GV number

GV functionality appears to be working regardless of the error I receive when I try to configure my N1 with GV as my VoiceMail default.

My bad, try before whining. Lesson learned.

Now when I travel overseas for 60+ days, I can let my SM account expire. Easy to buy another SIM on Ebay for $3.80 with a new number and continue to use the same GV number (unchanged), saving me $ for cell service I do not need when I travel for extended periods overseas.

Tom

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links