*NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data

This is a discussion on *NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dziddy Shame on me for once being a Test Engineer and not actually conducting the test. I enabled my Simple Mobile number ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: *NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data

Quote Originally Posted by dziddy View Post
    Shame on me for once being a Test Engineer and not actually conducting the test.

I enabled my Simple Mobile number on GV through the website ignoring the "T-Mobile pre-paid warning" with the following results:

- Daughter was able to call my GV number and I received the call on my Simple Mobile (SM) carrier based N1.
    - Daughter was able to text my GV number and I received the text
    - I was able to text my daughter using GV and the received text depicted my GV number
    - Had my daughter call my GV number and I did not answer. Received the mis-call notification on my N1 and gmail transcript/voice recording of mis-call
    - I was able to make an International Call (added money to my GV account) and the recipient's mobile displayed my GV number

GV functionality appears to be working regardless of the error I receive when I try to configure my N1 with GV as my VoiceMail default.

My bad, try before whining. Lesson learned.

Now when I travel overseas for 60+ days, I can let my SM account expire. Easy to buy another SIM on Ebay for $3.80 with a new number and continue to use the same GV number (unchanged), saving me $ for cell service I do not need when I travel for extended periods overseas.

Tom
    I think theres a misunderstanding, someone calling your google voice number will always work . Its if you dont want to use your google voice number but your regular number and just use google voice for voice mail that you will run into a problem.

For example if you go into settings and then call settings, then voicemail service and try to switch it to google voice you will get an error

after i spent a few minutes trying every # command i can, i called simple mobile and they said call forwarding isnt enabled (its not offered)... therefore its impossible to get google voice to pick up your voicemails unless you give them your google voice number

I hit 1GB of data transfer about two weeks into my first month on Simple Mobile. Since then, I started getting the following message nightly:

You are about to exceeded (sp!) your data allowance, please see your retailer to purchase additional Data. Thank you for choosing Simple Mobile.

I'm afraid to call them lest I draw attention to myself as a bad bad abuser of their unlimited data plan. Anyone else getting this message?

Update: A half hour after I wrote this post I received this message:

You have exceeded your data allowance, please see your retailer to purchase additional Data. Thank you for choosing Simple Mobile.

Now I am no longer connecting to a data network at all. Attempts to call customer service get me a busy signal. WTF is going on?!

Are you on the $60/mo plan?

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Are you on the $60/mo plan?
    Yes! I was told by a representative and there's posts just yesterday on another forum that indeed their unlimited plan has a 1GB cap!!!! If you hit 1GB of data they will simply cut you off!

This cap is not stated anywhere. So they are not only outright lying by saying "unlimited" but their cap for their high end data plan is far lower than every other provider. I will be filing many complaints. If I had known about this I would have watched my usage more closely. Now I have no data plan and no refund! I can't even get through to customer service, it's always busy!

I'd stay away from these guys. I would have probably been fine with a 1GB data cap had I known about it in advance. But the false advertising is enough to drive me away.

That really sucks.
    It is unlimited between 0 and 1 GB.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links