*NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data

This is a discussion on *NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been using Simple Mobile as my cell carrier since I first got :nexusx:NexusOnes:nexusx: for the wife and I (although any GSM phone will ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data

*NEW* Inexpensive Cell Plan with Unlimited Data

I have been using Simple Mobile as my cell carrier since I first got :nexusx:NexusOnes:nexusx: for the wife and I (although any GSM phone will work). They use the Tmobile network as a third party so it works out perfect.

It is pre-paid which some people are hesitant to look at, but I have had no problems with them. The beautiful thing about prepaid is there are no additional charges! I pay $60...that's it. No taxes, No extra fees, No going over a limit on calls or texts (especially since they are unlimited).

Anyway, they just upgraded their top tier plan last week ($60/mo) to include UNLIMITED 3G data. (It used to be just 150MB per month). Unlimited phone, unlimited texts and Unlimited data. So if you are running the t-mobile version of the N1 and are not on a contract you could save a good amount of money.

They also have a couple less expensive plans. $40 for Unlimited Talk & Text only (NO DATA), and a $50 plan (which my wife uses) Unlimited tall, Unlimited Text and 100MB Data.

They sell their sim cards at dealers around the country, or you can order one online (they get mailed out from FL so take that into consideration if you order online)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm confused by your thread :confused:

T-mobile has the exact same option with Even More Plus Plans for voice+data+text at $60/mo (with better coverage)

edit: Just got off the phone with Simple Mobile and you cant drop the text messaging part of the plan so its a *hard* $60/mo. With T-mobile they allow you to drop the text message part if you want so you have an option to pay only $50/mo.

My understanding was that with the N1 you could only get the specific Tmobile plan.

500 talk minutes. Unlimited nights and weekends. Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile minutes. Unlimited domestic messaging including SMS, MMS, IM. Android Unlimited Web. $79.99 per month.

Also the Even More Plus requires a 2 year contract, and there would be taxes and fees on top of that cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumyunguy View Post
    My understanding was that with the N1 you could only get the specific Tmobile plan.

500 talk minutes. Unlimited nights and weekends. Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile minutes. Unlimited domestic messaging including SMS, MMS, IM. Android Unlimited Web. $79.99 per month.

Also the Even More Plus requires a 2 year contract, and there would be taxes and fees on top of that cost.
    Yeah, if you subsidize the Nexus One then your stuck paying $80/mo to T-mobile for 2 years.

BUT... I bought it without a contract ($529) and went with T-mobile's contract free Even More Plus plan for $50/mo for Voice + Data

It's MUCH better to go with T-Mobiles contract free Even More Plus Plans.

I went to the simple mobile site and it still says it has a 150MB cap. But my main question is do they offer insurance for our phones?

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    BUT... I bought it without a contract ($529) and went with T-mobile's contract free Even More Plus plan for $50/mo for Voice + Data
    Do you mean $60/month? I got the lowest priced "Even More Plus" plan which is $60/month. It's 500 minutes + unlimited text + unlimited web.

Yeah...that's what we did. Just don't have the contract or fees.

Your way seems like a good deal too. A good option for some.

Erasable: They just made the announcement last week probably just missed that on the dropdown menu.

They don't have insurance. I was looking at Nexus One Insurance Alternative | Nexus One Warranty | Nexus One Extended Warranty | Insurance Alternative for Nexus One | SquareTrade Warranties earlier about an extended warranty. Also have a call in to homeowners insurance to see what is covered.

Looking at the plans, the Simple Mobile way is cheaper. With T-Mo's $60 even more + plan, you'll only have 500 mins as well as paying all the taxes and fees associated with cell phone bills. Simple Mobile will be an even $60 with unlimited everything. The major difference would most likely be customer service. I'm sure T-Mo would provide much better customer service.

If you don't talk much going with T-Mo even more plus with 500 mins would be best because the only additional fees would be taxes but with better customer service. If you talk a lot, Simple Mobile will be better because of unlimited minutes.

I checked them out but I have one question. Their terms say no tethering. Froyo offers tethering. Have you tried tethering your phone? Have they complained? :-)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links