When will we see the next stock android phone...

This is a discussion on When will we see the next stock android phone... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ....and who will carry it? I assume that there will always have to be a stock android that google works with in order to test ...

Thread: When will we see the next stock android phone...

When will we see the next stock android phone...

....and who will carry it? I assume that there will always have to be a stock android that google works with in order to test all their goodies and as the nexus starts to age, although gracefully, you would think we would start to hear something. I am doubting the nexus 2 will ever show itself as I think the nexus name has too much baggage with it but obviously google will need something with some new hardware.

And if I am guessing wouldn't it have to be T-Mobile again? All the other companies seem to be less than interested in putting out a stock android device.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Great Questions...
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

It's scary to me how much the manufacturers are screwing up great handsets with tweaks to Android.

Take the EVO 4g for example. Great phone features... but with Sense it slows down the phone, kills battery quicker, takes a lot longer to get updates, and blocks certain bluetooth devices from connecting properly (i.e. wiimote controllers) which totally screws up emulator gaming.

I don't mind if manufacturers want to put sense or anything else on top of Stock to show off the phone, but C'mon! Give us an option to disable it completely if we want :mad:

Here is an article that talks about why manufacturers might not ever put stock android on handset's again just so they can make their phones look cooler than the competition:

Google reportedly working on UI; will stock Android ever be cool again? | andrew | Androinica

Although I'm happy that Google is revamping the UI in Gingerbread, I'm doubtful it can become "the" stock UI that all manufacturers use. One of the reasons I think these manufacturers build their custom UI's to set themselves apart from the competition.

It's difficult to compete with hardware alone nowadays, improvements come too fast. Plus, I don't think the regular joe will fully understand hardware differences and the specs are sometimes deceiving (eg. 8mp camera must be better the 5mp). But they can easily look/play with Sense vs Stock Android and know which one they like better.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    It's scary to me how much the manufacturers are screwing up great handsets with tweaks to Android.
    ^This

because of all this I cannot see myself wanting to own anything other than a stock android phone.....i just hope after gingerbread we get some info on what phone is the next google test phone. Because I am assuming that Gingerbread is the last big nexus tweak.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links